Thread: Fatal Error 8891 for Dakota GNS430

Default Fatal Error 8891 for Dakota GNS430

I have upgraded my computer including an i7-975 CPU and Windows XP Pro 64 bit.

I have reinstalled FSX and begun to reinstall aircraft.

I installed the Dreamfleet Dakota along with full RXP/Garmin provisions with no problem and got no error messages. The final installation text stated that the program installed successfully and was finished.

When I select the DF Dakota in FSX, I get the following error window including the red "X" in a circle:

"Fatal Error
    Reality XP Garmin GNS 430 Ver.5.2.0.0
    Can't start the Reality XP Garmin
    Error 8891"

When I click "OK", FSX shuts down.

I see that Lou has posted a sticky addressing some problems with this unit, but he states: "NB: the reason for the issue is Vista UAC." I do not have Vista, but the Windows XP Pro 64bit OS.

I also see a number of replies regarding a similar problem with "Error 3524". I get "Error 8891".

Previously, I have enjoyed this fine contribution with no problems at all. Is it not compatible with the 64bit system, or does anyone know what the problem is and/or a solution?

Respectfully:
    RTH

Note: The Garmin also did not completely install when I installed the Dreamfleet Baron in FS9 either. However, I can select the aircraft.

Note: I have the RXP: GNS530 and GMA340 installed in a number of other aircraft and they function just fine. The problem is unique to the Dreamfleet birds. No, I have not tried anything on my own relative to installing these separately in the DF birds in question. Only a straightforward installation as per Dreamfleet's instructions. I did get errors during installation with the Baron, none with the Dakota. However, the Baron displays but the Garmin does not power up (FS9). The Dakota shuts down FSX.
    Last edited by rhodges; 09-04-2009 at 06:23 AM.

Progress (After a fashion):

Still no luck on the Dakota in FSX.

For the Baron in FS9, I have tried Alastair's recommendations from the "Problem with Garmin GNS 530 Installation" thread started by "Raul87" on July 19, 2009.

As Alastair suggested, I downloaded the zipped versions of the Garmin Trainers, unzipped them and installed them in "C:\GNS430" and "C:\GNS530" folders. Alastair also states: "The Trainer is a 16-bit application and is not operable in a 64-bit environment", so I am not sure but what this is futile, and I can't tell that they do anything.

At any rate, I still cannot get power to the Garmin.

So, I disabled the garmin line items in the panel / panel.cfg and added the stand alone unit I purchased from RXP. Works like a charm, however, I do still get the error messages when I select the Baron in FS9 as follows:

First error window:
    "Information
    Reality XP: Garmin GNS Unit1 Diagnostic
    EFIS Bus Fault. Number of available ports: 0"

After I click "OK", I get the next error window:

Second error window:
    "Information
    Reality XP Garmion GNS 530 Unit 1
    EFIS output has been disabled automatically. Insufficient Avionics Bus resources."

After I click "OK, I get the next error window:
    "Fatal Error
    Reality XP Garmin GNS 530 Ver. 5.2.0.0
    Can't start the Reality XP Garmin
    Error 8891"

Note that this is exactly the same error number, "8891" that I get with the Dreamfleet Dakota which shuts down FSX, however, after clicking the last "OK", the Baron comes up just fine with my workable Garmin in FS9, or the original which I cannot get to power up.

I realize that the problem is probably the 64 bit operating system, but there should be a workaround for this, as my RXP gauges do work just fine there.

Is there anyway to just do away with the Garmin included with the Dakota so that the aircraft can be selected without it? If so, I will simply add my purchased unit (Yes, I know Lou said not to do this, but it is working in the FS9 DF Baron in spite of the error windows, and presently I cannot bring the Dakota to life).

I sure would hate to loose either one of these planes. They are two of my favorites (Like just about everything else Dreamfleet has originated going back to the 737. The DF 727 alone makes me hang onto FS9).

Suggestions would be appreciated.

RTH

One Added Note: The Dreamfleet DreamManager is a blank window and does not work either in the Baron.
    Last edited by rhodges; 09-04-2009 at 10:20 AM.

Found my solution.

Everywhere you see the "GNS430" Gauge addressed, disable it. (i.e. For window 00, "//gauge04=rxpGNS.df236!GNS430, 861,290,228,95")

The Same is true for the DF Baron in FS9. Disable the "GNS530" gauge (i.e. for window 00, "//gauge39=RealityXP_FL530XP_DFB58!GNS530, 952,343,252,181")

For the Baron, I also disabled Window11, the XP DorpStack due to strange graphics, but will work on that a bit.

Of course in both cases you loose your Garmins, but the birds seem to fly fine. If you have the stand alone purchase of the Garmins, they seem to work just fine with the normal installation.

Happy flying:
    RTH

RTH.... That is interesting, I am seeing the same thing. I have a purchased stand-alone WAAS530 which works perfectly in the Dakota, but if I try the 430, I get the Fatal Error 8891. Love the aircraft and the instruments, but the 430 is giving me a pain mid-way between the rudder peddles and the yoke.

5. Default

I assume you mean the 430 that came with the plane. It will not work in a 64 bit environment because it depends on the 16 bit trainer. It does not work with the later 32 bit trainer that comes with the WAAS530/430 unit. If you really want a 430 you will have to buy the 430 WAAS unit and replace all references to the original.

DJ

Quote Originally Posted by rhodges View Post
    Found my solution.

Everywhere you see the "GNS430" Gauge addressed, disable it. (i.e. For window 00, "//gauge04=rxpGNS.df236!GNS430, 861,290,228,95")

The Same is true for the DF Baron in FS9. Disable the "GNS530" gauge (i.e. for window 00, "//gauge39=RealityXP_FL530XP_DFB58!GNS530, 952,343,252,181")

For the Baron, I also disabled Window11, the XP DorpStack due to strange graphics, but will work on that a bit.

Of course in both cases you loose your Garmins, but the birds seem to fly fine. If you have the stand alone purchase of the Garmins, they seem to work just fine with the normal installation.

Happy flying:
    RTH
    Is it possible to just disable the 430, the one that originally comes with the Dakota, and not have to purchase the GNS430 and then disable that? This was absolutely my favorite airplane of all time for FSX, and it's crushing not to be able to fly the thing after switching over to Winders 7 64. I could give a rat's patooty about the GPS system, I just want to be able to fly the airplane.

And how do you disable it? Do you just delete the line containing anything referring to the 430?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.