Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: USS Nimitz CVN-68

Talking

My Friends, expect a heckuva lot more carrier pics from me in the future, this Nimitz package is a dream come true! Mike

Default Welcome aboard!!

Hold on Mike we're on the way out to play

Seriously though.....

Spectacular post Bro!!!
    GO NAVY!

Hoo-Rah!

Regards,
    Bruce
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Training Adversary (5).jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	40868  

"Fair Winds and Happy Landings"

3. Default

I just downloaded and installed both the carrier files and the aicarrier files and love it.

I am curious to know though if there is a VOR beacon and an ILS freq for the ships? I dont remember reading something about it. I have been able to get the location of the carrier pop up with the hdg and distance, just curious about the VOR/ILS.

Nice shots Mike! What was your role on the Nimitz if you don't mind my asking?

Very cool

Checkout my new Facebook Page!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Airpl...05438883035386
    HP Z820 Workstation Intel Xeon 3.30ghz 8 Core Processor 2TB Hard Drive 16 gig of Ram 1125 Power Supply and 2 Gig Nvidia Geforce GTX 970. (YIPPPIE!!!!!)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtopjohnny View Post
    Nice shots Mike! What was your role on the Nimitz if you don't mind my asking?

Very cool

John, I was an Aviation Electronics Technician (Enlisted) and also a Plane Captain (Crew Chief) for the F/A-18 A & B model Hornet. Also qualified as a final-checker, the last hands to touch the a/c before launch so to speak ... I was not attached to the ship itself, rather part of an Air Wing that deploys once the ship is at sea. Worked on the flight deck as a brown shirt, green shirt and checkered white-shirt depending on my role. Did 2 short cruises on the Nimitz and served with VFA-305 also on the maiden voyage on the USS Abraham Lincoln back in 1990, stopping at St. Thomas, USVI ... Rio De Janeiro, Brasil and Valpairaiso, Chile ... crossing the equator and becoming a Shellback. Sorry for all of the squid lingo!

Thanks Bruce and everyone for the replies - Go Navy! Mike
    Last edited by flyboy208; 08-13-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy208 View Post
    John, I was an Aviation Electronics Technician (Enlisted) and also a Plane Captain (Crew Chief) for the F/A-18 A & B model Hornet. Also qualified as a final-checker, the last hands to touch the a/c before launch so to speak ... I was not attached to the ship itself, rather part of an Air Wing that deploys once the ship is at sea. Worked on the flight deck as a brown shirt, green shirt and checkered white-shirt depending on my role. Did 2 short cruises on the Nimitz and served with VFA-305 also on the maiden voyage on the USS Abraham Lincoln back in 1990, stopping at St. Thomas, USVI ... Rio De Janeiro, Brasil and Valpairaiso, Chile ... crossing the equator and becoming a Shellback. Sorry for all of the squid lingo!

Thanks Bruce and everyone for the replies - Go Navy! Mike
    As a Navy vet myself, (1987-1997), thanks for these! Although I never served on a carrier, (two repair and supply tenders), these brought back memories, as we deployed with a carrier battle group on two occasions. Oh, and I'm also a fellow Shellback. Congrats on that as well!
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 2 GB Nvidia 1050 ti graphics card Windows 7

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kingnorris View Post
    As a Navy vet myself, (1987-1997), thanks for these! Although I never served on a carrier, (two repair and supply tenders), these brought back memories, as we deployed with a carrier battle group on two occasions. Oh, and I'm also a fellow Shellback. Congrats on that as well!
    Seems there are quite a few of us Navy types around these parts! Mike

Default Default carrier

I have the USS Nimitz on my desktop and it works marvelously. On my new ASUS laptop, the default carrier shows up with no aircraft on deck. I checked the paths on both computers and they appear to be the same. Any suggestions?

I know you're new but there's a little unspoken rule here that says not to bring back old posts. If you have a quesion, post it in the FSX forum. Don't bring back older threads by posting a reply. And no, I don't know anything about your problem.
    The pilot is bound only by his mind and his machine. We must expand the mind before we expand the machine, and by expanding the mind, we may expand the machine. Our mind is being expanded by the sim. It is not a game.

10. Default

Hi Guys I have just downloaded USS Nimitz & USS Eisenhower Version 2.0 (FSX-SP2 & FSXA) and followed the instruction copying the cvn_68_69.cfg into the AICarriers folder and then copying the Objects, Effects and Sounds into the Flight Simulator folder. I then start FSX and start a mission I select the Add On menus and click on AI Ships but I see no new entries for the Nimitz group.

Would certainly appreciate any feedback on what I might try next.

Thanks

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast