Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonanza A36 problems

Default Bonanza A36 problems

I have installed FS2004 on my sytem again to use this aircraft. During the install the garmin trainer fails to extract and then when the rest finish installing and I try to use the plane in fs04 i get the following.

- Avionic Bus init can't open device 2()
    - EFIS bus init fault when trying to open COM 0. The port is not initialized.
    - EFIS output has been disabled automatically. Insufficient avionic bus resourses.

I have tried to uninstall reboot and reinstall a couple of times and it is not working.. any suggestions???
    Thank you,
    Fred

Hi Fred,

Unfortunately the GNS430 and GNS530 Trainers bundled with the aircraft were "compromised" by a Windows Security Update, so you should download the Zipped versions from the link below and install manually to a "simple" location such as C:\GNS430 or C:\GNS530. The files are at the bottom of the page.

http://www.reality-xp.com/support/kn...easenotes.html

After installation check that the Trainers run outside of FS2004.

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

Default Help

I tried this and it ask for key for each trainer and I try to use the one I got when I purchased the A36 and it says invalid key. Did i do something wrong?

Hi Fred,

To (re)install a purchased GNS gauge such as the RealityXP GNS430, GNS530, GNS430W or GNS530W you do need to re-run the downloaded e-Commerce Wrapper and "point" to the associated Key when prompted.

http://files.100megabyte.com/realityxp/_RXPGNS430.exe

However your initial enquiry was about the Garmin Trainer which is a free package also available to download from the above link.

When you purchased the Bonanza a Key should have been created (by default in C:\DreamFleet) and if you need to reinstall the Bonanza this is the Key you need to target.

If you have problems with the Garmin Trainer it is the Trainer package that you need to download and install:

http://www.reality-xp.com/support/fi...30_16SEP05.zip

Hopefully this clears up any confusion between the two.

Cheers,

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

Default frustrated

O.K I installed the bottom file but when i try to reinstall the realityxp link below when it ask for the key i point it to the key that i received when purchased the a36 package but get the following

Invalid data! This error most likely occurred because of changed data within the key file. Also make sure the key file you are selecting is the correct one for the program that is in the flight1 wrapper

Default getting there

O.K.. got it to fly and flys and looks great.. just GPS does not operate.. I think everything else is going good.. any suggestions.. thanks for your patience in helping me out

Default iam stupid

O.K.. think I might know what the problem was... I forgot the new computer I have is vista 64 bit. I just installed on xp machine and it works fine. Is there a way to make the GPS work with vista 64 bit.. as that is the only problem I seem to be having.. plane flys and looks great. Iam using Flight SImulator 2004...

Hi Fred,

The original FS2004-era GNS units use the separate Garmin Trainers, which are 16-bit applications and so don't work in Vista64.

To run a GNS430 in Vista64 you'll need to purchase the current RealityXP GNS430W (WAAS) package, after which you can replace the GNS430 references with those for the GNS430W.

However not all functions will work, and due to coding changes the GPS will no longer communicate with the SN3308 or VOR gauges. If you read the threads over in the RealityXP Forum at Flight1 this subject is discussed in depth.

Sorry there isn't better news, but the Dreamfleet sales page does indicate that the Bonanza is for WinXP and Vista32 only.

http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/Previe...chase_236.html

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

Default how hard to change references

O.K.. thinking about getting the GNS430 for vista 64 that you mentioned. How hard is it to change the references.. I do have it on my xp machine .. but would like to try to get it on this one as graphics and screen are so much better. Where do I purchase this at also.
    Thanks again for all your help

Hi Fred,

The newer WAAS gauges can be obtained here:

http://www.reality-xp.com/store/index.html

If you're comfortable editing the panel.cfg files in Notepad its a simple case of locating the references to the GNS430 and replacing them with references to the GNS430W

From [Window00]

gauge23=RealityXP_FL430XP_DFA36!GNS430, 861,344,252,106

becomes

gauge23=rxpGNS!GNS430, 861,344,252,106

Alternatively you can use the "swap" option within FS Panel Studio.

In both cases, after the panel.cfg has been edited, the GNS Config utility should be run to add the GNS430W as a new pop-up.

Cheers,

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast