Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Crater Lake, Oregon Tileproxy Tour Flight - Part 1 Lotta Pics!

BTW: I just logged in again this morning and still have the photobucket block on the original post.

Ragtopjohnny that's a wonderful post!! I'm hugely grateful to Amtran618 for reposting it so I could see it!

Michael

2. Default

Those were posted in 2008 and at that time you didn't need an account to see photobucket images. Haven't seen Ragtopjohnny in several years, hope he's doing OK. I don't remember the particulars but IIRC photobucket went payware at some point a few years back, I don't know if that means you have to pay to view them (without the intrusive photobucket watermark) or if it just means you have to pay to share images through photobucket. Maybe I'm mistaken and it's still free and all you have to do is make an account, I dunno. At any rate most screenshot posters stopped using photobucket at that point, there are plenty of alternatives, uploading screenshots directly to the forum for one, postimage.org, imgur.com, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Robinson View Post
    Those were posted in 2008 and at that time you didn't need an account to see photobucket images. Haven't seen Ragtopjohnny in several years, hope he's doing OK. I don't remember the particulars but IIRC photobucket went payware at some point a few years back, I don't know if that means you have to pay to view them (without the intrusive photobucket watermark) or if it just means you have to pay to share images through photobucket. Maybe I'm mistaken and it's still free and all you have to do is make an account, I dunno. At any rate most screenshot posters stopped using photobucket at that point, there are plenty of alternatives, uploading screenshots directly to the forum for one, postimage.org, imgur.com, etc.

+1!!!! I've only been online for a few years!

This is strange, I visited Dad and checked the thread on his iCrap pad and it shows those darn photobucket blocking, so had mom try on her windows 10 laptop and it shows the blocks to.. my new samsung Droid tablet does not show the blocks and using the stock Chrome browser... And I dont have a photobuckit account.. Why is it not blocked on a Droid tablet?

i wonder if Chrome somehow is part of photobucket and doesnt block them?

One thing that worked on the iCrap pad was using Dolphin app browser and selecting show PRINT view, than it only shows a link to the pictures and you click the link and the picture shows up without the blocks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	211.7 KB 
ID:	220657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	157.1 KB 
ID:	220658  
    Last edited by Amtran618; 08-04-2020 at 11:24 PM.

Guess another thing to slam iCrap for.. this time microsoft windows to.. all three of my droids open the pics fine wothout the blocks, samsung tablet old moto x phone and new LG phone, will check my pc running windows XP in the morning.

Blocked on windows xp also.... strange why Droid is not blocked and icrap and windows are.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4