Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dreamfleet Archer 111 - no instruments

1. Default Dreamfleet Archer 111 - no instruments

Bought & downloaded the Piper Archer 111 and the first flight was fine. Very impressed was I - until the following day when I loaded the plane and was rather shocked to see most of the flight instruments covered by a RealityXP placeholder (?).

Have tried 2 reloads but to no avail. Anybody got any ideas of where I might be going wrong or of what has happened??

OS is Windows XP & my Norton Firewall was "off" during downloads.

P.S. please be aware that I'm nearer 70 than 60, so keep any technical stuff "low key". Just go easy on us "Silver Surfers" & geriatric simmers!

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Ken,

Sorry for the delay in answering .....

The "RealityXP placeholder" effect you describe usually indicates a licencing problem.

This could be due to:

1. Something corrupting the installation
    2. Moving the created Key after installation
    3. Reinstalling from the extracted installation file rather than the downloaded Wrapper file.

As your initial flight was fine, I would guess that you relocated the Key ("tidying up") after the installation. By default the Key is extracted to C:\Dreamfleet unless you specify another location during the install. If you have moved it elsewhere try moving the Key back into C:\Dreamfleet and see if it solves the problem. DO NOT try and "open" the Key as this will definitely disable it and you'll need to get a new one.

If the above doesn't apply, I suggest re-running the downloaded Wrapper, selecting the Reinstall option and "pointing" to the Key when prompted.

Note that several anti-virus programs can "poison" the install unless completely disabled or even require fully uninstalling before a successful installation can be done. Norton is known to run multiple processes and you may need to disable/deactivate all of them.

Note also that the most reliable loading method is to start FS2004 with the default Cessna, then, when everything has settled down, remain in the 2D Panel View and only then load the Archer III. This guarantees that the gauges are initialized properly.

Let us know how you get on ....

Best wishes,

Alastair
    Last edited by alastairmonk; 06-27-2008 at 04:57 AM.

AOPA #04634067

3. Default

Hi Alistair,

Many thanks for the response but, alas, after trying your suggestions, my Archer 111's instruments are still overlain by the Reality "pop-up".

I even re-installed (via the Wrapper etc.) but to no avail.

However, whilst "snooping" (that's what us geriatrics do) about the RealityXP folder in FS9, I followed the path: RealityXP - Common - AvBus - drvsetup.exe., double clicked on the exe. file and got a DOS message confirming the Reality driver setup (on Port 7). Tried the Archer 111 again and - there were the instruments in their uncluttered glory!

Unfortunately, that only lasted for 1 flight and then back to square one. I did, however, save that flight and when I reload it, the instruments are all OK. If I change to the other texture or load (say) the default Cessna and then switch to the Archer - instruments covered by RealityXP pop-ups!

If it's any help, in the latter cases, I get messages informing me that "EFIS Bus fault. Number of available ports: 0": followed by "EFIS output has been disabled automatically. Insufficient Avionics Bus resources"

So the mystery continues! (Knew I should've taken up jogging!)

Regards,

Ken

Ken,

I have no connection with RXP or Dreemfleet other than being a satisfied and happy customer of Dreemfleet products - so disclaimer out of the way:

This sounds like you could have an issue with Garmin Trainer that is the basis of the Garmin GNS430, which is provided by RXP. It may be worth checking RXP's support site at:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=12

There is a "Forum Topics" section of the forum right below some "stickies" at the top. The first post under Forum topics is "LEGACY: GNS Trainer 430/530 AIRAC SEP05". There are links there to a newer version of the Trainer with a 2005 database. I didn't try it, but if those links are still good, it might be worth downloading the GNS430 trainer from there. There is some discussion of the proper way to do it.

I hope that helps.

Glenn - a near geriatric 60 year old. My wife still says I'm a kid especially when it comes to simulated flying.

Hi Ken,

A couple of suggestions. For the gauges and Trainer to work you need to have COM ports 1-10 "available" for use, and where a PC has a number of wireless or bluetooth devices attached these ports can be "taken", hence the error message. If you do have some of the above devices attached let us know as there are ways to get round this problem.

On occasion I too had to use the drvsetup "fix" and one possibility is to create a shortcut from the file to your desktop and run it immediately before starting FS2004. I'm not sure whether re-running it after FS2004 has started will work, but its worth a try if this is a repeatable error.

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

6. Default

Hi to Alistair & to Glenn - thanks for your help to date: unfortunately my PC has suffered a slight touch of overheating due to the power pack fan throwing a wobbly! (I'm having to use my wife's old PC to write this)

Consequently, I can't try your suggestions until it's back in service.

In the meanwhile, I'm suffering "withdrawal symptoms".

Regards,

Ken

Default Dreamfleet ARCHER III Reality XP gauges logo

Hi Alastair,

I have baught the ARCHER III from Dreamfleet for FS2004, and since I have installed it yesterday, all my instruments show the Reality XP Logo !!

I have tried many option during one entire day based on many forums including the drvsetup option outside FS9 and the com ports deactivation, without any results.

I really don't know what's going wrong, and need some urgent help to solve this issue.

Brgds.

Hi,

If you see the RealityXP logo then you have a licensing problem. Either something is interfering with the installation or you moved the Key file that was created as part of the purchase after installation.

Prime candidates would be your anti-virus package or MS Defender if installed. For the former, temporarily disabling the AV package prior to installation/reinstallation usually works. For Defender, in many cases the only solution is complete removal.

Thus if Defender is installed, remove it and reinstall. For most other AV packages, stop ALL appropriate proocesses, reinstall then reactivate the AV package. This all assumes that you are logged in to the PC with a User Profile with full Administrator access.

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

Hi Alastair,

I have disabled the AV AVG for 15 min then reinstall the dreamfleet ARCHER III product.
    At the running phase of FS2004, it has taken more time showing new windows I have never seen the first time I have installed the product, then I get a message to indicate the location of FS2004 on the PC.
    I have selected the proper folder link on C/Program files/FS9 then continue to run FS2004.
    I have selected a standard cessna, then selected the Archer III, BUT the reality XP logos were still present on the panel.
    Also, I have no idea now of what to do.

FDT
    Last edited by FDT; 10-08-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Hi,

Firstly, if your FS2004 is in the default location in \Program Files, be aware that this folder has enhanced security and can prevent "modifications" to your system. Either disable UAC (User Account Control) or right-click the installer and select "run as Administrator".

Secondly, when reinstalling you must re-run the downloaded Wrapper file and select the Reinstall option. Do not simply re-run any previously extracted installation file. You will be prompted to "point" to the Key file created when you purchased the Archer, and asked for the Code, normally the last 4 numbers on the purchasing credit card.

Also, the Archer comes with the RealityXP GNS 430 which requires the Garmin Trainer to be installed. This is done as part of the normal multi-step installation procedure, but its worth checking afterwards that the Trainer will run outside of FS2004 - its an application in its own right. Note that as this is a 16-bit application it won't work if you're using a 64-bit Operating System like Win XP 64-bit or Windows 7 64-bit.

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast