Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DF236 FSX Update for those with Vista Issues

Hi Ian,

To be fair, this is a FS2004 product updated (for free) to FSX.

Consider that for full compatibility it needs to work in:

FSX
    FSX SP1
    FSX SP2
    Vista
    Vista SP1

which is at least 6 combinations just to start with, even ignoring the fact that the original Vista came in 4-5 different versions. All of which have their own quirks, and which are almost certainly combined with numerous different anti-virus products, some of which corrupt the installation unless fully deactivated or completely uninstalled.

Thus it may well take the DreamFleet team a while to work out what the problem(s) are before they can find a solution. Problems affecting everyone are a lot easier to solve than those only affecting a few users.

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

Thanks for your reply Alastair; I did buy the Dakota specifically for FSX. I appreciate that we are talking about a fairly complicated model, but it would be good to know that the DreamFleet team are addressing the problem.
    It is a little frustrating because on the occasions that I have been able to fly the Dakota it really is one of the most pleasant light aircraft that I have experienced in any flight simulator so please forgive my impatience!

Regards,
    Ian

Hi Ian,

In my experience most major bugs are successfully eliminated during Beta testing, but it isn't until a product is released that its exposed to the full range and variety of systems and software.

With both FSX (in all its variations) and Vista there has been an unprecedented level of problems for all major companies, and identifying and solving the problems is taking longer than anyone likes. Your frustration is entirely understandable, but its ten times worse for the software developers !

Hopefully these gremlins will be soon resolved and you will be able to enjoy flying the Dakota like the rest of us !

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

4. Default CTD solution?

Everyone with the CTD problem should check if FSUIPC 4 is installed. If yes: you have to deactivate FSUIPC (i.e. rename fsuipc4.dll) and try the Dakota again. From the moment I canceled FSUIPC the Dakota works very fine...
    Allways three greens!

Markus
    Visit Flusi.info

Hi Marcus,
    I followed your suggestion and disabled FSUIPC and yes I did have a very satisfying session flying the Dakota, I thought all my problems were solved!
    Unfortunately the next time that I started FSX the Dakota caused an immediate crash to desktop, which I find a little puzzling.

Regarding Alastairís suggestions that this is a FS2004 model, I have problems with it in that sim, insofar as the digits on the major instruments do not appear, something that I mentioned to Jean-Luc in a previous post, in which he asked me to supply screenshots, but still there has been no word about that since!

I am assuming that the team at DreamFleet are working on a fix for those problems; it would be nice if they could let us know how this work is progressing and what sort of time frame we are looking at?

Regards,
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ianhenry View Post
    Regarding Alastairís suggestions that this is a FS2004 model, I have problems with it in that sim, insofar as the digits on the major instruments do not appear
    I have a dark & cold cockpit situation, which also sets avionics to off. Now when I power up the plane, it seems as if the avionics are not properly turned on by the VC avionics master switch: the HSI won't properly align. Only when I use a keyboard shortcut for avionics, and hit it twice, the HSI aligns properly. Maybe this is the reason for your problem too?
    Regards,
    Juergen

Hi Juergen,

Your Cold & Dark loading Flight - is it based on the default Cessna ? Generally many of the quality add-ons now use custom coding, and saving Flights can be of dubious quality at best.

Perhaps one thing to try is to load the default FS2004/FSX flight (with the Cessna) which should load with the engine running. Shut down all the systems, then save as your Cold and Dark Flight. If you want to then load the Bonanza Cold and Dark load your (default) Cold and Dark Flight then switch to the Bonanza.

Certainly in FS2004 loading Cold and Dark is an option with the Configuration Control but if this is proving troublesome in FSX you could try the above as an alternative.

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

I have the Dakota(along with other DF and Flt 1 stuff) and am wondering what exactly is
    the proper and recomended way to install and run the Dakota(nice bird but I like the Bananza more)in FSX on Vista 64,
    TY,Mutt

Hi Mutt,

Currently the Dakota will not work in Vista 64:

http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/Previe...chase_236.html

If you have it you could try replacing the supplied Garmin430 with the new RealityXP GNS430W, but I don't know if the other gauges will work in a 64-bit environment.

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

TY AListair!
    All the products I've purchased from DF and FLT 1 have always been exceptional,and I will just be patient for issues to get resolved with FSX and Vista.
    It was definitely worth the wait in FS9 and XP,so keep up the good work.
    Mutt

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast