Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DF236 FSX Update for those with Vista Issues

I don’t know if this is of any relevance, but when I run the Dakota in FS9 the aircraft runs fine, but the digits on some of the instruments are missing (namely the air speed indicator & the altimeter).

I have also tried running the installation with the compatibility set to “Windows XP with SP2” but that doesn’t seem too help solve the problem.

Ian

2. Default

Can you post a screenshot of the issue?

Jean-Luc

Hi Jean-Luc,
    Here is the screen shot that you requested of the Dakota panel in FS2004;

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/attac...1&d=1211874918

I hope this shows up!

Ian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dakota Cockpit 2.jpg 
Views:	971 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	8934  

Hi Jean-Luc,
    Is there any news about how the Vista update is progressing? It seems to have gone very quite around here!

Regards,
    Ian

Default Vista Patch

I had an opportunity this weekend to install your Vista 32 patch. It did improve things, in that I could load the Dakota , whereas previously FSX would crash while loading the plane. I took four flights in the plane and was only able to complete one. The rest ended in the sim freezing up in mid flight. It was necessary to do a hard restart to get FSX running again.

The strange thing about the problems I am having with the Dakota is that they didn’t manifest themselves until I had flown the plane for a couple of weeks. It worked perfectly the day I purchased it. I have my Vista updates set to automatic and I wonder if an update was installed that effectively broke the plane. Nothing else has been added or changed in FSX since I installed the Dakota.

I hope you are able to get the plane and garmin trainer working with Vista, as I really enjoy the Dakota

Thanks
    Bob

Are there any Vista 32 users with the Dakota in FSX using it trouble free?
    Is it a common problem affecting all/most installs or just a small minority?
    I'm itching to buy the Dakota it looks awesome. I even switched back to Vista 32 from 64 last week after reading on the main store about it not being compatable with 64, with the intention of buying it, but after diving into the forums I'm not so sure for now

Paul

Hi Edouard,

From what I read the Vista UAC function was introduced to try and stop incompetant users from accidently damaging their PC. However, it is so intrusive that most of the time it stops one from running anything normally. As such, and unless you do like constantly fiddling with things, I suggest that you turn off UAC and leave it off for good !

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

Default DF236 Instability under Vista

I have had UAC turned off from day-one and I have a number of complicated addons working without problems (PMDG, Level-D, Eaglesoft, etc). I just can't get the DF236 to consistantly work in FSX & Vista for any period of time. Sometimes it will CTD when I try to load the plane, and other times it will CTD in the midddle of a flight. I realy like this product but the inconsistency is driving me crazy. Does anyone at DF think that we will have a solution in the near future?

Charlie

I had all those problems early on (well up till recently actually) but since I installed Vista Service Pack 1, no problems AT ALL. I am inclined to agree with an earlier poster that it may have been an incompatibility issue with a Vista update after the Dakota was released, but at my end at least I have had no further issues at all. Now looking forward to some more Aussie repaints!

I have tried all the suggestions on this forum but still the problem persists. The aircraft usually loads ok and sometimes you can fly it for a while before the inevitable crash to desktop, which usually occur without warning and do not even give the option of restarting FSX or checking for a solution online.

The Dreamfleet team seem to be very slow in responding to this problem, and even a little reluctant to answer posts about it, but if the product is Vista compatible then that is what it should be, so I am still awaiting some sort of update to address those issues.

Regards,
    Ian

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast