DF236 FSX Update for those with Vista Issues

Regarding Alastair’s suggestions that this is a FS2004 model, I have problems with it in that sim, insofar as the digits on the major instruments do not appear

I have a dark & cold cockpit situation, which also sets avionics to off. Now when I power up the plane, it seems as if the avionics are not properly turned on by the VC avionics master switch: the HSI won't properly align. Only when I use a keyboard shortcut for avionics, and hit it twice, the HSI aligns properly. Maybe this is the reason for your problem too?

Regards,

Juergen

Hi Juergen,

Your Cold & Dark loading Flight - is it based on the default Cessna ? Generally many of the quality add-ons now use custom coding, and saving Flights can be of dubious quality at best.

Perhaps one thing to try is to load the default FS2004/FSX flight (with the Cessna) which should load with the engine running. Shut down all the systems, then save as your Cold and Dark Flight. If you want to then load the Bonanza Cold and Dark load your (default) Cold and Dark Flight then switch to the Bonanza.

Certainly in FS2004 loading Cold and Dark is an option with the Configuration Control but if this is proving troublesome in FSX you could try the above as an alternative.

Alastair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AOPA #04634067

• 2 months later...

TY AListair!

All the products I've purchased from DF and FLT 1 have always been exceptional,and I will just be patient for issues to get resolved with FSX and Vista.

It was definitely worth the wait in FS9 and XP,so keep up the good work.

Mutt

• 3 months later...
Hi Mutt,

Currently the Dakota will not work in Vista 64:

http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/Previews/236/purchase_236.html

If you have it you could try replacing the supplied Garmin430 with the new RealityXP GNS430W, but I don't know if the other gauges will work in a 64-bit environment.

Alastair

Any idea on how this is coming?

I can use the RealityXP 430W in FSX SP2 w/ Vista64 SP1 with no issues. I really like what I see with the Dakota, but I'm not going to drop back to a 32 bit OS just to buy this airplane.

If nothing has happened yet, I think they're just leaving alot of money laying on the table by not having 64 bit OS support in place.

• 1 year later...

Hallo,

Since I installed the Dakota on my win7-64 bit system and then uninstalled it when I saw it was not compatible, the normal GPS (with shift-x) is not showing up anymore in all other planes and FS keeps triyng to find it, because the mousepoint has changed into the blue round turning thing.

Could anyone (the designers?) give a hint what might be changed in FSX that causes this problem?

Regards, Hans.