Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Making an old Jeppesen FS-200 Panel usable for FS2004

1. Default

Meanwhile I have the first problems with the panel.
    One day the buttons just did not work any more.

So I bought a new USB Keyboard and soldered the cables to the new board.
    It worked again for one week and then it was dead again.

I wonder what can happen to a keyboard. And the buttons on the panel just connect two pins - so there should not be something like a shortcut.

I will try it next time with a PS2 Keyboard maybe this is more reliable....

But flying without this panel would be horrible :-)

Thank you all for your nice replys!

2. Default Jeppessen FS-200 usable for FS2004

I solved similar problem. Make J FS usable. Keyboard has a lot of disadvantages. It cannot handle more than 3 buttons together. It cannot handle switch buttons, it cannot handle rotary, it cannot handle axis.

There is enough universal USB input devices on net, so I choose one (MJ16 form mindaugas.com). Create two of MJ16 and make whole system functional. Every button, switch, rotary or axis. It was lot of work, but nothing extra complex. Create electronics by instructions and wiring buttons and so on.

Maybe some pictures helps (texts are in czech).

http://www.flightsim.cz/forum_prispe...342161&style=2

And If my english allows, I try explain everything I can.

MzM

3. Exclamation Help please

Quote Originally Posted by guitarrarl View Post
    Hi all: I got this complete system from a friend. I read many articles that stated that the system would work only on Win95 and Win 98. So I installed Windows 98 on my 1.6 gHz emachine to run FlitePro. It all works well and the harware is detected This is the Jeppensen Pro system with ruder pedals, control system and Yoke connected to the serial port.

I then decided to try the complete system on Windows XP and Flite Pro is also able to detect the hardware. The program runs stable and all seams normal.

I have one question. This program is only showing the rerrein as a flat green surface and it does this also on Windows 98. Is the program supposed to show any terrain details? If you can post a photo of the display I would appreciate it!

Thanks!
    guitarra
    Can you send me the software or program please because i need it if its just a map its okey but please send it to me

Thank you

4. Default A little help with a FS-200 running in DOS

I have a FS-200 that appears to be running fine in DOS except for no inputs being received from the panels. At some point, an attempt was made to repair/replace the power supply by cutting connections and splicing a new power supply. However, that power supply isn't working and I can't figure out which of the 5 leads should be connected to positive and negative. Anyone have any ideas? Would love to hear from you, Bill Barlow, since you have previously discussed this issue.

5. Default FS 200 power supply wiring

Quote Originally Posted by hjonesky View Post
    I have a FS-200 that appears to be running fine in DOS except for no inputs being received from the panels. At some point, an attempt was made to repair/replace the power supply by cutting connections and splicing a new power supply. However, that power supply isn't working and I can't figure out which of the 5 leads should be connected to positive and negative. Anyone have any ideas? Would love to hear from you, Bill Barlow, since you have previously discussed this issue.
    Hello

I have been unable to find a power supply for FS200 flight simulator.
    I have found through the internet that the power supply is 120 v input to 9 volt output. 60hz with 2 watts.
    I have also located the mini din 3 pole connector; however I am not sure which of the female connector supplied by the flight simulator is wired to each pin of the power supply. I need a schematic of the power supply wiring or a persona who knows the wiring.
    Please advise. Call Paul @ 520-999-1825 or email me at [email protected]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2