Thread: Problem with Jim Vile's KATL AFCAD

Default Problem with Jim Vile's KATL AFCAD

Hi, I'm new to the forum but a long time flight simmer. I searched high and low for a solution to my problem with no luck so please forgive me if this has been discussed here before.

I have Ultimate Traffic for my FSX AI traffic. My Ultimate Traffic has default aircraft compiled in the traffic file as well as the addon models. Other than that addon, my FSX is clean. I downloaded Jim Vile's KATL files (which sounds awesome from the description) and upon installation, I found something rather odd that I have never experienced before. Upon entering a session at KATL with traffic at 100%, I noticed that the traffic had disappeared, but not entirely.

For starters, all of the default aircraft are visible and are in their correct locations. They behave normally.

Now, the odd part. The UT aircraft are actually there, you just can't see them. You can hear them (both jet noise and on ATC) and when they are taxiing/taking off, you can see their nav lights. Other than that, you'd never know they were there. Their models and textures (besides the nav lights) are completely invisible.

Upon loading sessions at other airports, I find that all of the UT traffic appears just fine. After hours of testing, I have found that this problem only exists at KATL when Mr. Vile's files are installed. Remove them and everything is fine.

Has anyone experienced this or know what may be causing the disappearing models? It's probably something simple that's going to make me feel like an idiot when I figure it out but it's driving me nuts. I'm very anxious to see KATL at full speed with Mr. Vile's work.

Thanks in advance for any help!

just a hunch, but try turning off aircraft cast shadows on the ground in fsx and see what happens.

yep me too, with his KATL AFCAD file, no more planes

|Win7 x64 | Gigabyte P67A UD4 B3 | Intel i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | eVGA GTX570 1280MB | 2x4 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint | 120GB Mushin Callisto SSD | 36GB Raptor | 250GB Seagate | Seasonic X750w | Corsair 650D|

Quote Originally Posted by kagazi View Post
    just a hunch, but try turning off aircraft cast shadows on the ground in fsx and see what happens.
    That worked! Thanks a lot!

From what I can see so far, I'm very pleased with this AFCAD. Very few go-arounds and a LOT of landings. I've had Ultimate Traffic for years and I've never seen this much activity successfully moving around KATL.

Thanks for your work, Jim!!