Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Welcome To Military Flight Sims

At the edge of the foothills west of Denver, Colorado, USA.

Default Welcome To Military Flight Sims

Hi Folks,

This is an experimental forum. It's purpose is the discussion of military flight simulators in general. Let's kick things off by listing the military sims we each own at the moment ...
    Last edited by xxmikexx; 03-17-2008 at 04:01 PM.
    Digital abstract art copyright 2010 Mike McCarthy, all rights reserved.

Cool.
    I have had plenty of them.

The trilogy of Combat Flight Simulator from Microsoft, Falcon 4.0 and LOMAC.
    Favorite would have to be Falcon. The worst, believe it or not, LOMAC. Just didnt care for it.
    Disneyflyer

Disneyflyer,

I own a number of military flight sims, purchased partly for purposes of testing my erstwhile utility program product, and partly for fun. The ones installed on my flight computer at the moment are ...

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946
    Falcon IV
    LockOn
    Pacific Fighters
    Combat Flight Simulator 3

I'm just getting into the Sturmovik game, on behalf of which I've applied for membership with an online multiplayer squadron named Aces High, not to be confused with the massively multiplayer game of the same name. I will be flying with them this coming weekend.

I have not looked into the multiplayer capabilities of any of the games, and even my single player combat time is low. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to formation flying, team ground attack, blah blah blah.
    Last edited by xxmikexx; 03-17-2008 at 04:11 PM.

FS Combat Sim 2
    B-17 Flying Fortress

Kind of ignored.
    --Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; FSX, Acceleration, ASE, Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit), Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @2.83 GHz 2.83 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series.

Jane's ATF
    Jane's Longbow
    Jane's USAF
    Novalogic armored fist II
    Novalogic F22 Lightning II
    MS combat flight sim 1 + 2
    IL-2
    Lo-Mac
    Falcon 4: Allied Force

The only game that still works alright is Falcon4, IL2, and the CFS games

Where are the new quality combat sims?? ARGH!

|Win7 x64 | Gigabyte P67A UD4 B3 | Intel i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | eVGA GTX570 1280MB | 2x4 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint | 120GB Mushin Callisto SSD | 36GB Raptor | 250GB Seagate | Seasonic X750w | Corsair 650D|

San Diego, California, United States of America.

Falcon 4.0 and it's other mods (SP4, FF3,BMS2), including the latest Falcon 4 Allied Forces.
    Microprose Gunship! (that's the second title not the original older one)

I do have a lot of the other Jane's series of combat sims (Longbow,USAF, F-15, FA-!8), but don't have them installed now. Since I don't have that much hard drive space and only confine the space now to those I use the most.

So currently if I want to go shooting stuff down. I pick one of the Falcon versions or fly in a helicopter in Gunship!
    Edwin

Wings Over Vietnam/Yankee Air Pirate
    Strike Fighters
    Battle of Britain
    Mig Alley
    FS2000
    F-16 Nova Logic

eightline,

I should have mentioned that the list of military sims I own and like is much longer than the list of military sims I have installed at the moment.

So Mig Alley is one of my all time favorites, but for a variety of reasons I don't have it installed at the current time.

Default Brand new to sims

Hi,

I am brand new to all the sims, general and combat.
    I purchased Falcon 4 allied forces and Combat Flight sim 3 to start my combat and I already had MS2004 for general.
    I have tried MS2004 with the keyboard and that isn't very good so
    I have a Saitek X52 coming in a few days, it was cheaper then the yoke.
    My first question is should I be using a joystick (X52) or buy a yoke and pedals. I am thinking the yoke might be good for the MS2004 and the joystick for the combat, does that make sense?
    Next, which combat sim is best to start with...Cfs3 or falcon4, or should I purchase something else to start on?

Thanks,

JerseyFlyer

I have both. I can fly with one type of controller, yoke or stick, but want a bit of that "real" feel according to aircraft type. I really believe that pedals are a must for that feeling as well. Auto rudder is OK, but taxiing, taking off, and landing with those fine pedal rudder movements, just increases the reality.

Now, I flew IL-2 Sturmovik with my yoke, not the stick, and did just fine, but I felt unathentic. Just me. Start with a stick (inexpensive) and, if you don't get that unsatisfied feeling, stay with it. On the other hand.....

Happy landings, chum.
    --Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; FSX, Acceleration, ASE, Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit), Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @2.83 GHz 2.83 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast