Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Savoia Marchetti SM79 Sporviero

Wink Savoia Marchetti SM79 Sporviero

A superb rendition of this Italian classic by Manuele Villa. For FS9 - get yours for free at www.sim-outhouse.com

Cheers! Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	163.3 KB 
ID:	1571   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	1572   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	1573  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	1574   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	714 
Size:	182.4 KB 
ID:	1575  

I just downloaded the FSX version, I used this great bird often in FS9.
    Great pics Mike, thanks for posting

Such great shots and bird amigo, well done!!!!
    Take Care,
    Dave

Flying for Mussolini.....Duce! Duce! Duce! Nice looking plane. I saw the FSX model, but do not know what to do with a bomber. I hope someone makes an all-around nice Enola Gay or Bock's Car to reenact the a-bomb runs.
    --Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; FSX, Acceleration, ASE, Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit), Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @2.83 GHz 2.83 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series.

The WW2 planes are often overlooked, albeit interesting. I remember when I had a site about the Campagne de France in CFS1 (the Campagne de France, those battle on the West front when Hitler attacked France and England after Poland, in May 1940), I'd such planes for download, as during that campaign, Italy had declared war to France as the battles were about to end, and that they attacked the southern France, or the Alps

I remember a friend of my father who told that such 'yellow planes' (as they surely looked like that for people on the ground ) had bombed the candies shop which was just near aviation barracks in my home town
    Gérard (France) //specs: one of the rare on this forum still using FS2002. Laptop 1.4 Mhz, Intel Celeron R, RAM 500 Mo, shared video, Windows XP SP2. Add-ons: Gyula Kalcsó FS2004 add-on textures, FS2004/02/00 70m world meshes by S. Rothlisberger, ActiveCamera 2002

Gerard, I could never fathom the experiences the older folks in your town had in WW II. Thank you for sharing that . I knew Italy declared war on France, but did not realize that they actually bombed that far into France.

That would be cool to play the Battle for France air war with
    Bloch MB.150
    Dewoitine D.520
    Morane-Saulnier M.S.406

Just cool.
    --Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; FSX, Acceleration, ASE, Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit), Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @2.83 GHz 2.83 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series.

<<That would be cool to play the Battle for France air war with >>

Yes! I had all those planes for CFS1 as I'd built a site about that Campaign of France from the air point of view and I had fairly advanced into the knowledge of that epoch and planes, and so and so, but I unluckily -and maybe foolishly- let the site down when Microsoft released CFS2 that I was unable to run on the system I had then

The Italians, if I remember well, had gone up to Lyon, and, so, even to Dijon, Burgundy, my own town. It looks too that some Italian planes even, some later, took part into the great attack against England during the summer of 1940. They really led attacks onto France in May 40

Of course, the most famous planes for that period are the Hurricane, or the Spitfire -which began its career- and, of course, the German planes like the Stukas and the Me-109 (in one of its first version, the 'Emil'). The French planes, as far as they were concerned, were mostly not up to the task, overpowered by the Luftwaffe. The sole plane which could have been really useful was the Dewoitine 520 -about the French equivalent for the Me-109, or the Spitfire- but it was unluckily delivered to the French Air Force too late, and in few quantity (France had been plagued during the pre-war years by various mismanagements of the aerial thing, strikes, etc. and the Air Force was divided in terms of how the aerial arm was to be used in a battle...)
    Gérard (France) //specs: one of the rare on this forum still using FS2002. Laptop 1.4 Mhz, Intel Celeron R, RAM 500 Mo, shared video, Windows XP SP2. Add-ons: Gyula Kalcsó FS2004 add-on textures, FS2004/02/00 70m world meshes by S. Rothlisberger, ActiveCamera 2002

Thumbs up

Manuele has rapidly vaulted himself into a premier designer with this release!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by geguic View Post
    The WW2 planes are often overlooked, albeit interesting.
    If you're a true WW-II aircraft fanatic, may I invite you to join this website?-->www.sim-outhouse.com

<<If you're a true WW-II aircraft fanatic>>

Thanks for the adress; much interesting. I don't say I will join but it looks like they have much interesting planes. Let's say I'm less a basic buff about WWII warplanes now than I was when I'd created my site about the Campaign of France but I could get back into, maybe for taking pics or videos for the forum. I'll see that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast