Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No progressive taxi in FSX

I have FSX\Acceleration, have had it in win7 and have now installed it in windows10. in both computer the Progressive taxi behaves odd, there are no straight lines on the Yellow arrows. sometime when it shows a turn it shows a wide bow, and sometime it doesn't show at all until I refresh scenery. and sometimes I have to look Top Down to see it, anyway of solving this and bringing it all back to the ground again?

Bernardo

Quote Originally Posted by berlopez View Post
    I have FSX\Acceleration, have had it in win7 and have now installed it in windows10. in both computer the Progressive taxi behaves odd, there are no straight lines on the Yellow arrows. sometime when it shows a turn it shows a wide bow, and sometime it doesn't show at all until I refresh scenery. and sometimes I have to look Top Down to see it, anyway of solving this and bringing it all back to the ground again?

Bernardo
    I found that it did that same thing to me with FSX-Standard and running WinXP. The arrows would go in a fairly straight line and curves were OK, but at some major airports they would disappear until I changed my view, or they were gone until I reached where I was going.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

I don't have it ticked in settings and sometime ago I was adviced to switch it off by adding this "0"( Thereby disabling it; To the [Display] settings in the FSX.cfg file:

D3D10=0

It still behaves oddly, though

Berlopez
    Last edited by berlopez; 10-23-2020 at 05:03 PM. Reason: More info.

Progressive taxi way is one of the item Steve's DX10 Fixer corrects, if you don't mind spending a few bucks.

If your cheap, get the free version...

shader_release_v3.2.3.zip

File Description:
    DX10 Shader Fixes V3.2.3. These are a set of shader fixes for DX10 Preview mode in FSX. The patch should not effect DX9 in any way. It addresses the following bugs in the DX10 preview:

1) Flashing runways/taxiways
    2) Yellow/white runway markings transparency
    3) Opaque chain fences
    4) Progressive Taxi markings missing
    5) Missing night scenery/semi-transparent dusk scenery (often misdescribed as missing night textures)
    6) Some addon cars with black headlights
    7) Softer VC shadow
    8) Eliminates false sun on VC roof and side wall
    9) ORBX FTX Global lights with black background rectangles fixed

Also included are an optional replacement water shade, aircraft lights package and an optional replacement background texture. This can replace the light blue DX10 uses and is close to what DX9 uses in the same circumstances.

With Steve Parson's permission I have updated the shader_release_v3.2.2 patch to shader_release_v3.2.3 to now include a fix for DX10 ORBX FTX Global Lights.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Check you have:

D3D10=0 in your FSX.cfg file under Display; Experiment by changing the "0" to a "1" then restart anew.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2