Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to decompile mdl files?

I do agree with the copyright problem but in that case for some choices made by the developper he should enable the user to refuse them and have other ones. For instance as far as the Starliner and othe Lockheed Constellations freewares whether you like it or not you have to accept the silly not to say stupid stairs appearing like by magic when you open the aft door while with the front one unless you are by a jetways animated you're there with the void in front of the door. With the GSX addon by FSDT you can customize your aircrafts and so have stairs presented to the doors; in this case it's impossible to have stairs at the back door. What right has the developper to prevent me from using an addon I have paif for specific purposes?!

Quote Originally Posted by claude101141 View Post
    For instance as far as the Starliner and othe Lockheed Constellations freewares whether you like it or not you have to accept the silly not to say stupid stairs appearing like by magic when you open the aft door while with the front one unless you are by a jetways animated you're there with the void in front of the door. What right has the developper to prevent me from using an addon I have paif for specific purposes?!
    Dear me, I wasn't aware of preventing anybody from anything, nor did I make sure that the Connies would work with any add-on, past, present, or future. My mistake I am sure, as is the plain stupidity, apparently, of those steps and doors.

Cheers, Manfred
    Last edited by mjahn; 10-14-2019 at 11:31 AM.

I do agree with the copyright problem but in that case for some choices made by the developper he should enable the user to refuse them and have other ones.
    Of course you could make your own to your own specs...

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Quote Originally Posted by claude101141 View Post
    What right has the developper to prevent me from using an addon I have paif for specific purposes?!
    So he FORCED you to download/install/use his addon?
    Tempting you with the fact all his excellent work is FREE?
    A real villain!

Wim

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post
    Wow! What a rant! You have a right to become a developer but you don't have the right to use someone else's product for your development, unless you have their specific permission. And that is by law. I'll stop here, but WOW!
    This is NOT about ones own personal development as you people are trying to lable it. It's about fixing a problem that the original developer, or developers did NOT get right in the first place, and there should be NOTHING illegal with that when you paid for the product. And it's not about stealing someone else's work and distributing it. When you pay for the product, which may contain the mdl, it is yours, and should be able to do whatever you want, as long as you do NOT distribute it without their permission. Yes, some say to ask the developer to fix or make corrections, and it NEVER gets done. I've done that with several developers in the past and they've NEVER fulfilled those requirements because they didn't want to take the time to make those corrections while in another project. I asked and submitted to one company of a very popular addon regarding the wrong gate numbers that are painted on the ground in their addon 2 years ago and they still have not made those corrections to this day. It shouldn't take more than a month to make those corrections, and since it's been 2 years, they have no intentions in making those corrections. They told me that they would fix the problem. If that's going to be the case, they should have NO say so if one needs to make those corrections for themselves. One can edit textures, bgls, and other formats, and there's NOTHING illegal in using programs to do that, so what makes mdls so special that editing them makes it ellegal? The point of it was that those numbers should have been correct in the first place because that's what they always were. You make it illegal so that others are not allowed to make the corrections themselves and have to depend on you to make corrections, which for the most part, never gets done. THAT is also NOT being fair. And your so called making it ellegal to edit, or decompile mdls keeps others from learning and advancing. THAT seems to be what it's all about. I hear the software is out there, but ONLY certain developers can attain it and yet others are not allowed. Hmm, what's the deal with that?

Ken.
    Last edited by kmanning; 12-06-2019 at 06:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2