Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Starting the Maule

1. Default

I fly a Maule in real life, not in the sim. I have to prime it 3 times. If I don't, it will not start. So if your sim panel for the Maule has a Primer, you might want to include that in your startup procedure. Also (in real life) the throttle should only be in a little bit. More than a quarter inch, and you won't get a turnover. Don't know if that'll help in the sim. Good luck!

2. Default

I tried this technique and it did not work, but I was still adamant. I decided to instead of starting it through the 2d cockpit, I would instead start it in the VC. While holding down start did not work in the 2d cockpit holding it down in the VC did, and I am overjoyed. It is awesome that a solution has finally been reached by jimrooney and "perfected" by me. Hope this helps other people so they don't go through the annoyance and defeat of starting up with ctrl-e.

This thread reminds me of the film "Frequency". Thenks to you all, this helped me a lot in 2018. Great stock plane, the only stock I fly.

4. Default

This is what I did to get the Maule to start manually. Everything you guys said plus this:

1. Go into the Maule aircraft.cfg file
    2. Scroll down to the section [piston_engine]
    3. Look for the line that says: normalized_starter_torque= 0.3
    4. Increase the torque to 0.4

You can play with that setting but I found 0.35 was not enough.
    It starts first try for me with the setting at 0.4
    Thank you,
    Tim

ASUS CG8350; Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz/3.8 GHz Boost; 8 GB DDR3 Memory; System BUS 1350 MHz; 8 MB L3 cache;
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560Ti 1GB GDDR5; Windows 7 Home Premium x64; Thermaltake 850-Watt Power Supply

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2