Thread: FS Addon locks up

Thumbs down FS Addon locks up

I downloaded a plain [ra5c 612.zip] using addon manager. When I start AOM, I get a pop up message with ZIP in the tital bar. the message is "runtime error "68" not responding." AOM continues to unzip the file but remaines locked up and never finishes. I have tried to log on to the FSAddon web site for help but cannot get on. Any help would be aprecated. Thanks, Paul

Hi PeddlePower - just happen to be down here and saw your post. I take it when you select the aircraft the "name_of_aircraft.zip" is in green? Other colors can signify an issue with the zip file (like there are zip files inside other zip files or it is just a texture and not a complete aircraft).

Have you d/l other aircraft with no issues in the past?

Default FS Addon locks up

Yes, the zip file for the plane is in green but it never seems to finish instaling the plane. by the way, my verson of FS AOM is 3.66. At least the file it came in is labeled faaom366.

Default FS Addon locks up

A P.S. to my responce to you. I am using Windows XP for my O/P and the FS AOM is verson 3.61.

Quote Originally Posted by peddelpower View Post
    I downloaded a plain [ra5c 612.zip] using addon manager. When I start AOM, I get a pop up message with ZIP in the tital bar. the message is "runtime error "68" not responding." AOM continues to unzip the file but remaines locked up and never finishes. I have tried to log on to the FSAddon web site for help but cannot get on. Any help would be aprecated. Thanks, Paul
    Why not just download the file (not using the AOM feature) and save it to a temp folder. Unzip it there and manually install the aircraft. That way you will begin to learn a bit about the file structure of all aircraft and will have a chance to read any instructions first.

Good luck.
    David "Opa" Marshall

Default I did.

That is what I wonded up doing. But if you would like, down load and unzip that plane and you will see why I wanted to use AOM.(-:. Thanks for the responce and addvice.