Thread: "Baron 58 Lite" panel directory causes Baron to crash on startup.

Default "Baron 58 Lite" panel directory causes Baron to crash on startup.

I;ve had some difficulty getting the Baron to load in FS9. "read posts"

After some extensive experimenting I've narowed it down to this. It seems that if I remove all of the bmp panel images from the panel folder I can start FS9 normaly then load the DF Baron as per instructions and everything works perfectly. Just dont have any 2D interior views obviously. If I drop in any default panel bmps from any default aircraft, that bmp image will display over the DF gauges with no problems. And everything still loads just fine. As soon as I put any one of the stock DF Baron panel bmps into the DF Barons panel folder FS9 crashes to desktop upon startup? Also I have placed DF Barons panel bmps into the stock MS planes panel folders and the image displays just fine.

What could be going on here?

Default RE: "Baron 58 Lite" panel directory causes Baron to crash on startup.

Edited after seeing that this is the second thread you've started on the same problem ....

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

Indeed, Alastair, this is already being discussed in another post.

What is going on is a very system specific issue, and it is one we are unlikely to solve as it is only being experienced by one individual.

Perhaps it is memory-related, but that is just a guess.

The Baron is an intense simulation, however over 99.99% of users have no real problem with it, and we have not seen another situation with the panel bitmaps causing crashes. Afterall, they are just .bmp images, but a lot of them! ;-)

In a situation like this, about all I can suggest is to ask for a refund, as it is highly unlikely that a solution to this problem will be found. Perhaps if we could get in front of your computer, we might have it solved in 2 minutes, but...

Sorry! Wish I could come up with a better answer to this.

Regards,
    [link:www.dreamfleet2000.com|http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx2/f...nners/LOU.gif]
    [font size=1][font color=blue]Can you pilot a plane, instead of programming an FMC to do it for you?[/font color= blue][/font size=1]

Lou,

Sorry for all the fuss over this issue. You are right it is very system specific. Just hoping someone would have some ideas. Anyway, I think we can finnaly put this one to rest. I uninstalled MegaScenery NC, then reinstalled FS9. I then installed a fresh version of the Baron and all is good. No problems! The Baron seems to be very particular about the install proceedure. Hope this helps anyone else who may have 3rd party add-ons installed.

Thanks for a great product, I love it!

Glad to hear it, and happy flying! :-)

Regards,
    [link:www.dreamfleet2000.com|http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx2/f...nners/LOU.gif]
    [font size=1][font color=blue]Can you pilot a plane, instead of programming an FMC to do it for you?[/font color= blue][/font size=1]