Thread: (Off topic) Why is Nvidia Desktop Exporer on my desktop?

Default (Off topic) Why is Nvidia Desktop Exporer on my desktop?

I just upgraded my GeForce2 video drivers to Nvidia Detonator 27.42, and in the process I've ended up with an icon on my desktop that doesn't work and can't be removed.

The icon is titled "Desktop Explorer", and when I double-click on it, I get the error: "Page Not Found." Worse, I can't delete it--it won't go away.

I should also metion that the Detonator 27.42 install process was a little bumpy--I kept getting immediate GPFs when trying to start Windows 98 SE. I had to start in Safe mode and go into the System Information/System Configuration Utility tool to disable a startup item titled "nwiz". Now Windows and graphics work fine, but I'm not entirely pleased.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

-- Walt

Ace_13 Guest

Default RE: (Off topic) Why is Nvidia Desktop Exporer on my desktop?

bump (would love to knw)

Default RE: (Off topic) Why is Nvidia Desktop Exporer on my desktop?

This is a reply to my own post with an update: I reinstalled the Nvidia Detonator 27.42 drivers, but nothing's changed--I still have an icon on my desktop titled "Desktop Explorer" that doesn't work and can't be removed.

Also, in order to get FS2002 to work, I have to go into System Information/System Configuration Utility tool and disable a startup item titled "nwiz". If "nwiz" is enabled for startup, FS2002 hangs at the splash screen.

-- Walt