Thread: 727 Panel

Default 727 Panel

I've been trying to edit out the wire bundle under the glare shield. It's really distracting to me during night approaches. Are the two (left & right) night illuminated main panels impossible to edit?

-Win XP
    -FS Panel Studio
    -PhotoShop

Default RE: 727 Panel

What I have seen so far from the screenshots (as I am still waiting for the CD to be released) I would say the 727 got the best panel night lightning from all the current Add Ons.

So why do you want to edit something???

If it distracts you during night appraoches, why don´t you just use the gauge lightning like on this screenie shown?

http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/Previe...ges/2D/005.jpg

You can't edit it out of the floodlighting as that's part of a gauge. As Matthias says, don't use the floodlight, in fact that flood effect would only been seen during pre-start checks and after shutdown anyway. Imagine trying to drive a car at night with a white light illuminating the whole dashboard!

Apart from the occaisional use of a maplight, the flightdeck at night is in total darkness with just the gauges lit.
    Cheers

Paul Golding
    Dreamfleet/Flight1 727 & 727X Developer

You're still waiting?
    Cheers

Paul Golding

I'm familiar with cockpit light as I'm retired corporate. I've never jumped a 727 before but I do have time in the sim. I'm wondering if anyone's ever modelled real instrument lighting making the reostats functional. I find the usual "all on full bright" or full off as being room for improvement in any sim. For me the full bright instrument lights against the surrounding darkness is kind of like trying to read a newspaper while looking into headlights. I've always had a problem with over-sensitivity to bright light. Another reason why I used the ambient or overheads when flying in areas of cloud to cloud lightning. Anyhow, I've solved the sim panel for now by using the shift-9 to bring up a dark piece of the glare shield to cover the bright spot. It works.

RD

Yes Paul, I still didn´t give up! ;-)

It is not possible to do variable dimming lights of this nature in FS. It would be up to Microsoft to make this possible, and I'm not sure even they could pull it off.

Contrary to popular belief, we add-on developers work within "confines" provided by FS. We do not have access to the source code and, as such, cannot program whatever we want into the simulation.

You can be certain if we could do rheostats, we would have done this a long time ago. In fact, it would be first on my list! ;-)

Regards,
    [link:www.dreamfleet2000.com|http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/im...nners/LOU.gif]
    [font size=1][font color=blue]Can you pilot a plane, instead of programming an FMC to do it for you?[/font color= blue][/font size=1]

doncarlos Guest

Wire bundle...oh gosh ...L0U ..u took pictres of the real thing...
    oh well...

come to think of it..there is a free hook just behind the Captains chair DF num 2 ..great place for a Lou rabbits' foot..just in case...

the gold chain would be nice.....where is the Lou special..everything else is ..shall we say perfect but where is the Lou Special Effect..

Actually, all the 727 photographs were provided by Stan Winke and as to the main point, yes it's created from real photographs.
    Cheers

Paul Golding