Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: In addition to the other "realistic" versions we would offer with the package, would you be willing to accept a "fantasy" sea plane version of the Beech A36, with the understanding that the flight dyn

Default RE: 75% target achieved !

Hi Lou,

I for one voted "YES" because whilst I'm not a real-world aviator, and whilst I'm the first to check the flight model (sorry), if I know an aircraft I'm going to be flying isn't real, then I can live it with it doing outrageous things!! :-) It's when someone claims realism and I can't find that I get upset!! :-lol :-lol
    I don't get mad at it being slightly off either, just like to know it's there. Once I've found it, I just get on and enjoy it!

Your panel (as usual) will more than make up for that "tiny" detail!!! And then there is always the option as someone mentioned above of tweaking the flight model anyways.

I quite like to take an aircraft sometimes (a tail dragger classic for example), and doubling the performance of the engine for the shear hell of it!! It goes from being realistically under powered, but manouverable, to rocket-ship in seconds! :-lol

Now THAT'S fun!! Whoever said it wasn't needs another hobby! :-)

Best regards,
    Vulcan.

I like your style, Vulcan! :-)

Regards,
    [link:www.dreamfleet2000.com|http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/im...nners/LOU.gif]
    [font size=1][font color=blue]Can you pilot a plane, instead of programming an FMC to do it for you?[/font color= blue][/font size=1]
    Regards,
    Lou Betti

Hi Lou,

is there a technical reason why a real Bonanza couldn't be retrofitted with floats (apart from maybe needing a higher powered engine)?

Cheers,

Gosta.

No idea, Gosta. It certainly has a sturdy airframe, and you could always prevent the gear from extending.

Probably there was just no demand in order for some one to go through the certification costs, which would be very expensive.

Ultimately, high-wings are the most popular for floats, due to the wing location.

Regards,
    [link:www.dreamfleet2000.com|http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/im...nners/LOU.gif]
    [font size=1][font color=blue]Can you pilot a plane, instead of programming an FMC to do it for you?[/font color= blue][/font size=1]
    Regards,
    Lou Betti

5. Default RE: 75% target achieved !

There was an article recently in AOPA's mag about a Russian float plane with a low wing. It was pretty cool looking, even had a "joystick" style control.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but maybe you could offer it as a seperate download on the site? Either that or an option in the installer to install it.

7. Default I Vote NO

I'm showing up a little late to this party (and the decision has probably already been made) but I have to say NO to this because:

1) Like all small software developers, DF has limited resources. As a loyal DF customer I would prefer to see you invest your resources into making the core version as great as it can be, rather than diverting your time and energy into producing "fantasy" products.

2) DF's modus operandi is to produce FS aircraft that are modeled as closely as possible to actual real-world aircraft. Creating "fantasy" planes could potentially tarnish this reputation. It may also confuse newcomers to flight simming into thinking that DF offers less-than-serious products, and actually hurt, rather than help, sales.

3) As has been pointed out, this is a potential support headache. Regardless of whether this is being billed as a "fun, free addition" or not, you're including it in a *payway* package and people are going to expect support. Again, I would rather see you guys put your resources into the core product, instead of having to dilute your resources to support a "fantasy" variant.

I think it's interesting that although the poll says the majority of people are voting "yes," judging from the comments here no one seems to be very excited about it. "It would be neat to have," and "I might use it occasionally" are typical comments from what I'm reading.

MeltedPixel said what I was going to say: Why not offer the float version as a free after-market add on? This would solve all of the negative points. Since it would be a free product, no support is required. Since it would be a free download separate from the core product, it would not be consided part of the core product and would not hurt DF's as-real-as-possible reputation. You can remain true to the core forumla you guys are famous for, while still offering some extra value for free for those that want it. Since not everyone will want it, you'll probably save yourself some bandwith too.

These are my opinions, I respectfully offer them as a loyal DF customer.

8. Default RE: I Vote NO

>1) Like all small software developers, DF has limited
    >resources. As a loyal DF customer I would prefer to see you
    >invest your resources into making the core version as great
    >as it can be, rather than diverting your time and energy
    >into producing "fantasy" products.
    >

IMO ---- simulating flight is somewhat of a "fantasy" anyway! If it wasn't for the time & cost of FAA approval, placing floats on a low wing Bonanza is workable & could be realistic.

In the homebuilt/experimental market, in which I've been involved with for a long time, you'll see floats adapted to high wings, mid wings, and low wings.

These days, many real life aircraft are designed & fly in a computer enviroment before ever being manufactured. And who knows, perhaps someone will like the looks of the DF Bonanza on floats & go to the trouble of getting certification for the real Bonanza...

Ladamson

That sounds like ALOT of extra work, model placement and such in the installer when a person could simply not select the float version in the aircraft menu :)

http://www.cassuttracing.com/mybanner.jpg
    -Travis

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6