Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: 737: The best is yet to come...

Default RE: 737: The best is yet to come...

I want to talk to you, Fraser, when you have a chance.

Send me an e-mail with phone number, and I'll give you a call. :-)

[email protected]

Regards,
    [link:www.dreamfleet2000.com|http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/Forum_Banners/DF_BANNER_FORUM_LOU.gif]"
    [font size=1][font color=blue]"Can you pilot a plane, instead of programming something to do it for you?"[/font color= blue][/font size=1]
    Regards,
    Lou Betti

Email sent.......

>> You talking about the IRS/GPS or the Autopilot?
    No PMS. PMS != IRS.

PMS: Performance Manager System. You input yout ZFW and FOB, distance, the computer will provide you with:

Right EPR for: Take-off - climb and APP.
    Right FLAP use for: T.O. and APP.

The PP-SMA from VASP has PMS from boeing original, since 1969 and auto throtle. and the autopilot has the option for PMS climb, like LV Change.

the PMS is a small screen in the captain painel, who give the input.

You can make the PMS climb or descend manualy if you desire or if the plane don´t have the Auto-Throtle, just keeping the EPR for that.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/666125/L here you see the PMS. and the switch to PMS climb is down from the TURB switch in ELEV autopilot.
    http://www.airliners.net/open.file/529550/L/ here you see the PMS and the gauge that gives the information of flap and Vref speed.

what I wanna know is. Will have it? if not, i really wanna see something to make me spend my money on it.

Very few 737's have PMS like you're talking about. Heck, very few 737-200s have AutoThrottle at all.

Again, read the comments by myself and Lou. The aircraft is being built to SWA specs (which was mentioned at the top of the thread as well) and that these aircraft do *NOT* have AutoThrottle, thus, they do not have PMS.

If you don't think that accurate flight dynamics, a good soundset, and a fully functional procedural panel isn't enough to buy it, then that's up to you. I think Lou and the DF team have spelled out the features of the panel pretty well since the start of this particular thread.

>Very few 737's have PMS like you're talking about. Heck,
    >very few 737-200s have AutoThrottle at all.
    >Again, read the comments by myself and Lou. The aircraft is
    >being built to SWA specs (which was mentioned at the top of
    >the thread as well) and that these aircraft do *NOT* have
    >AutoThrottle, thus, they do not have PMS.

but AT is not a function from AT. http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=301816
    this one don´t have at but, has PMS.

>If you don't think that accurate flight dynamics, a good
    >soundset, and a fully functional procedural panel isn't
    >enough to buy it, then that's up to you. I think Lou and
    >the DF team have spelled out the features of the panel
    >pretty well since the start of this particular thread.
    but after all, I come with new questions. will have more than a variation of the aircraft? like 737-200C? or even the panel variation with the PMS(not at all functional)?
    Flight Charts, how computate the best EPR for to, climb and etc?

Well, I'll say a bit more, aside from pilot's perspective. How about "character", certainly the overhead for the new 737 has it by the truck load.

This is not one, single photo, but is actually several dozen combined together. Each component of the overhead is a separate photo, sometimes two or more.

I still have some slots to fill, and lots of tweaking and fine tuning to do, in order to get it to look "just right". Probably 2 or 3 more days to get it ready so it can be "processed" to provide the various bitmaps for the gauges. Or as Tom Main calls it, "cutting the gauges".

However, I'm very pleased with how it is coming along, of course my eyes may have something else to say about that! :-eek

I need a Martini!!! ;-)

Regards,
    [link:www.dreamfleet2000.com|http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/Forum_Banners/DF_BANNER_FORUM_LOU.gif]"
    [font size=1][font color=blue]"Can you pilot a plane, instead of programming something to do it for you?"[/font color= blue][/font size=1]
    Regards,
    Lou Betti

This is a modification I did to the PMDG panel, just to show what a properly done pilot's perspective for flight simulator should look like.

I posted this at the PMDG forum but nobody seemed to care.

BTW, Lou, before you think about deleting this (screenshot of another product in the DF forum), just keep in mind that these tweaks were largely inspired by Dreamfleet panels, so you should be proud!

Thomas

Thanks, Glenn.

Moving ahead, I present to you the essentially completed 737-200 overhead graphics.

You will notice that knobs, switches, etc. have been removed to make way for their animation in the gauges that will follow and, again, this overhead will appear in two panel windows, it will get split between the forward and aft sections (I would like to think you all know where that is!).

It will also serve as the texture for the overhead in the VC, as will all my other 737 graphics.

This overhead will later be modified for the 300/400/500 series. Doesn't take too much to do it either.

When we get around to doing the NG (yes, we will be doing that AFTER the "classics" - be VERY patient!) I'll be photographing an NG from scratch. So, these graphics will just serve for the older models. ;-)

Sooooo, got to get this ATR done, then we are still doing the A36 Bonanza, while at the same time we've got these 737s to do.....

Oh, and eventually Paul and Co. will get the 727 done!

We'll keep busy. ;-)

Regards,
    Regards,
    Lou Betti

Default 737: The best is yet to come...

Hello all,

I read a rather rude remark at another forum the other day, no doubt posted by some virtual "captain" who uses autoland 99.5% of the time. He remarked to the effect that one should not wait for our 737, as it will "take forever".

Well, patience is a virtue, and with little doubt, this "captain" does not posess such. Sad, but who cares! :-lol

Hey, you know I tell it like it is! I'm not going to change. ;-)

Let the truth be known, it has been a very busy 12 months for DF. We released the 310, started on the ATR, and continued with the "inevitable" 727. The delay in MS relasing the SDK did not help matters either. Myself, along with at least one other DF member also had rather important personal issues to deal with in our lives. Issues more important that an FS add-on. While we owe no explanation, I know there are those who forget that we are human beings, and not just slaves to producing FS add-on products. So better to explain, and provide a reality check while at it. You know, there's always those who want an "official response", as though we were some multi-national, multi-million dollar corporation. We only wish!

Anyway, the new 737 is taking shape, and don't even think about asking when, or asking about details yet. That will all come in good time.

The 737 panel is starting as the 737-200 version, which will be under the Flight One Software "Iron Knuckles" name. It will then morph into -300, -400 and -500 versions under the DreamFleet name. Thus, I am designing this to allow for relatively easy conversion into each variant, this way we can keep the price reasonable.

You can expect that the wait will be worth it, and our 737 will be an excellent value, regardless of whether it is a -200, -300, -400, or -500. If you liked the original, our new one will be in a new league.

Anyway, here's a shot of the overhead panel, under construction. It will serve for all variants, with obvious changes to gauges where required. NOTE: I'm building it the same way Boeing does, if that is not obvious.

Now, don't worry, you will not have to squeeze this on to your monitor. Upon completion it will get split between forward and aft parts, and appear in two separate panel windows. Of course, it is 100% photographic in nature- the real deal.

I'll probably have a shot of the main panel by week's end, but keep in mind this is no indication that the new 737 is right around the corner, it is not. The -200 will be first, followed by the other variants.

The best is yet to come. :-)

Was it Frank Sinatra who made that song famous?

Regards,
    Regards,
    Lou Betti

Eh, why make ya' wait. Here's the main panel graphic for the -200. From here I cut it up and add surrounding details to create the 2D panel views. It will also serve as the texture for the virtual cockpit panels. This very same graphic will then undergo modification (quite a bit!), and become the the -300, -400 and -500 varants. It's 100% photographic in nature. No rendering or hand drawing anywhere.

:-)

Regards,

As you can see, I still have to add the transponder (now, which wire goes where???), and certain switches are just blank areas to allow for future gauges.
    Regards,
    Lou Betti

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10