Thread: Add-On scenery for CYXU - London, Ont is offset from default.

Default Add-On scenery for CYXU - London, Ont is offset from default.

Garvin Barnicoats wonderfully accurate scenery for CYXU, London, Ontario Canada is offset from the default YXU. While this wasn't a problem in FS2000, in FS2002 it affects the ATC and positioning of the AI aircraft. I have tried unsuccessfully to contact the author to get a fix but no luck. If anyone knows how to contact Garvin, please let me know, or if there is a clever scenery designer who could correct and re-post this scenery, it would be greatly appreciated. I have tried using Airport for Windows myself but couldn't seem to figure it out.

2. Default RE: Add-On scenery for CYXU - London, Ont is offset from default.

Fortunately I cruise these fora!!

My address has changed since the scenery for FS2K was produced. I'm aware that there are problems importing FS2K designed scenery into FS2002 and I'm attempting to make the corrections. As they are made, the new ones will be uploaded......all I can do for now is ask for patience!

For example, just when I thought I had "Windsor" completed, a beta tester pointed out an issue which had escaped my rigid screening......so I'm forced to re-do yet again. The good news is that it happened when it did and not after I had committed to more changes. The one lesson that was learned was the importance of placing replacement airports on the exact coordinates and ensuring identical positioning of taxiways, etc., to conform with the default.

I appreciate the demand for enhanced airports....I enjoy them too and that's what got me started......but time isn't as free as I'd like...so once more, I ask indulgence.

Garvin (Barney) Barnicoat

Hello Garvin!

Do you happen have CYXU for FSX version?

Thanks and wishing you the best for 2015!