Thread: Can a ATC 510 Simulator be interfaced

Default Can a ATC 510 Simulator be interfaced

I have an old ATC 510 desktop IFR simulator. It's been FAA approved for many years.

Question (and I've been waiting to ask it for 15 years- I think the time may be right): Does anyone know of a way to interface the ATC 510 with MSFS?

Thanks,

Barry

kbmedic Guest

Default Re: Can a ATC 510 Simulator be interfaced

Quote Originally Posted by bgm1961 View Post
    I have an old ATC 510 desktop IFR simulator. It's been FAA approved for many years.

Question (and I've been waiting to ask it for 15 years- I think the time may be right): Does anyone know of a way to interface the ATC 510 with MSFS?

Thanks,

Barry
    I am working on that answer myself. I have contacted an electrical engineer that has at least interfaced the controls to a PC. I would think it would be possible since everything is gears and potentiometers. Looking at the schematics the voltage is +15 and -15 for a difference of 30 volts might be able to step up and step down the voltage depending on input or output and use an after market USB interface card.

I have noticed on atcflightsim.com, they seem to be using simkits or similar gauges on their new or remanufactured 610 and 710 models.

3. Default ATC 510 Flight Simulator FAA

Quote Originally Posted by kbmedic View Post
    I am working on that answer myself. I have contacted an electrical engineer that has at least interfaced the controls to a PC. I would think it would be possible since everything is gears and potentiometers. Looking at the schematics the voltage is +15 and -15 for a difference of 30 volts might be able to step up and step down the voltage depending on input or output and use an after market USB interface card.

I have noticed on atcflightsim.com, they seem to be using simkits or similar gauges on their new or remanufactured 610 and 710 models.
    Hi Kbmedic!

I also have ATC 510 with rudder pedals and was thinking of doing the same. How did you make out in your conversion from analog to digital?

4. Default

This might not get a reply but I just got one of these and was wondering if any of you guys figured out the conversion from analog to digital. Been trying to build my own flight simulator but I'm on a budget right now and can't afford it. Figured the 510 has everything already built in and it's just a matter of figuring out how to interface it to FSX or any simulator for that matter.