Thread: Cockpit Interior, Menu Bar and AI Aircraft in FS2002

fssign Guest

Default Cockpit Interior, Menu Bar and AI Aircraft in FS2002

Hello Fellow Flightsimmers.
    I have a few simple problems I'm having in Flight Simulator 2002.
    First of all, I have the Standard Edition. My Computer is a P2 350 with 64 Megs of Ram running Windows 98 second Edition and a Diamond Viper 2 32 Meg Card.
    I'm getting, belive it or not, 12 to 15 FPS. A big differance from my ATI Rage Card which was only a 4 Meg Ho Hummer. By the way the Sim then ran in a safe Software Mode at a Whopping 6 to 10 FPS. I should consider my self lucky huh?
    Anyways, The first problem is this: When in the interior of the Aircraft, either Cockpit of Virtual Cockpit, it seems below the Horizon Line there is no Cockpit, only Scenery. I am at a loss as to why? This is always below the Horizon Line. What gives?
    Second: Why can't I access the Menu Bar? I do realize one can press the ALT Key and access the Bar this way, but this pauses everything. I right click on the Scenery and a Menu appears but the Hide menu Bar is greyed out with a Check next to it. *sigh*
    Third: I've heard so much about the AI Aircraft. How do I make the Skies crowded? Well, I mean really. *grin*
    Any help anyone might give is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks again. fssign A.K.A. Buz. :)

eagle013 Guest

Default RE: Cockpit Interior, Menu Bar and AI Aircraft in FS2002

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-02 AT 00:04AM (EDT)[/font][p]1. I can't answer your first question, but here's the answers to your second and third:

2. Press Alt+Enter, this will switch from full screen mode to window mode

3. Go to "Options/Settings/ATC" and turn your "AI Traffic Percent" slider up to something above 0.

EDIT: OH, try pressing "w" as the answer to your first question
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.flightsim.com/images/noimage.png

Vector Guest

For best performance you must be in 'Full Screen' mode!!!!!

da_Ratt Guest

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-02 AT 11:12AM (EDT)[/font][p]As far as the AI traffic goes, consider this:

I believe there are around 19,000 flights programmed to occur daily, worldwide! (American airlines, in reality, ALONE performs this daily flight load). FS2002 come equipped with an advertised 23,000 airports. That averages less than 1 flight/day per airport. Good luck finding crowded skys in FSWorld without using TTools.

Wouldn't it have been nice to see the same 19,000 daily flights emanating from the specific REGION your flying in rather than worldwide. I mean, GEEZ, nobody can fly worldwide in a DAY! :-tongue

https://www.flightsim.com/images/noimage.png