Tim Conrad Bulldog

wg30ghaul

Hi guys. I'm quite new at this. I've downloaded Tim Conrad's Bulldog T.1 in FS2004. No problem until I get to the FLY NOW stage and when pressed FS drops out altogether! I have checked everything I can think of but still the same problem!

Help please. Thanks.

It looks like there is no folder structure to the zip. So the files are scattered in the 'aircraft' folder. This is circa 2003. File name is 'bdog_mk1.zip', 7,275,085 bytes, 11-274-2003, 11000+ dnlds.

That is the reason why one should extract files to a temp folder. The needed files are all there as far as ci can see. Just need to manually put files where they belong. So NEVER extract ANY zip file directly to any folder under FS9 main folder (scenery included). We can help. I am downloading it now.

Chuck B

Napamule

Update: Yep. Readme has this:

'Installation:

Make new Folder in your FS2004\Aircraft folder, label it SA_BULLDOG

After downloading the zip, locate it, using your Computer Explorer, etc...'

See pic for list of files you need to delete (or MOVE to 'SA_Bulldog' folder you made as per above). They are in the main 'Aircraft' folder so look there for these files. Still have to so 'README' to get it right. Good luck.

Edited by napamule2
i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hi mrzippy, the file is in FS2004 and is S.A Bulldog T.MK1 bullt9.zip

Thank you.

First, I apologize that my first post had so many spelling errors! (typing on a 7 inch Android pad ain't the best!) Now that I see this file was an auto-installer by Mr Grindel :mad: I would guess that the Gaugesound.dll is missing from your main FS2004 folder causing the immediate crash to desktop!

I normally don't trust any auto-installer and will make it install first to a folder I create so I can see what's there. Then put stuff where it belongs.

airplane.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I think you should read the README file even before you extract the whole zip package. A simple 'left click' on that file, even before extracted, will bring it up in Notepad so you can read the installation instructions, which no doubt will tell you where to place the Gaugesound.dll. Different modelers will use different ways to do the same thing. It's up to you to judge, then decide, how to go about installing. We all had to learn the pitfalls inherent in installing zip files. Once you learn you 'go with the flow' and it will be a piece of cake.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).