Northeast DC-9 Arrival At KACK

aharon

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Here are nice simple screenshots of my first arrival at iBlueYonder KACK Nantucket airport scenery as part of my successful testing of this cool scenery.

Taxiing to gate

ack.jpg

Approaching the gate

ack3.jpg

Arriving at gate

ack6.jpg

ack2.jpg

Leaving the passenger terminal to go to Nantucket beach!

ack4.jpg

ack5.jpg

Thank you for viewing. Please stay tuned for next flight report.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

That is some awesome detailed scenery. Amazing. The aircraft is nice also ;)

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Beautiful realistic scenery and nice DC-9 repaint. Well done Aharon.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

Great scenery, and Northeast Yellowbird, there's even a DAL logo on the nose.

Some of my favorite routes are old DC-3/DC-6 NEE routes.

BGBW-BGSF and back, EGPK-BIRK-BGBW-CYYR-CYQX and back.

DDP.

Dirk - Funny you should mention the DAL logo on the nose! When I just opened this thread a few minutes ago, I, too, just noticed it and was thinking, "how can this aircraft be serving two airlines?" I know there are some smaller commuter airlines that serve under a Delta umbrella. BUT, both NORTHEAST and DELTA are 2 large carriers, competitors at the very least, certainly not sharing the same aircraft? Oh well, just another mystery! Maybe Aharon can figure it out for us!

Here's my NORTHEAST DC-9. It does not show an additional DAL logo!

2019-2-9_12-23-24-560.jpg

Rick :cool:

Yes, I just looked on the HJG site, we both downloaded from, and they do show a DC-9, one livery all NORTHEAST, and then another livery a combo of

Delta/Northeast. Mystery solved!

Have you ever tried the downloads from HJG? You create your own downloads. Very fun to do. The instructions might seem intimidating at first, but, once you have done one, the others take no time at all to download!

Rick :cool:

The aircraft of discussion is DC-9-31 N983NE .... C/N # 47137 L/N # 258

It was delivered to NORTHEAST on January 21st 1988.

NORTHEAST was then merged into DELTA on August 1st 1972 .... and for a time after this merger at least 3 of its DC-9's (I think it was .... including N982NE) supported a transitional/hybrid livery featuring the definitive NORTHEAST livery (complete with titles) but with DELTA logos added to the fuselage .... precisely as has been represented by Jim CAMPISI.

These sorts of hybrid liveries are quite common .... even today .... under some leasing arrangements too

Mark C

Dirk - Funny you should mention the DAL logo on the nose! When I just opened this thread a few minutes ago, I, too, just noticed it and was thinking, "how can this aircraft be serving two airlines?" I know there are some smaller commuter airlines that serve under a Delta umbrella. BUT, both NORTHEAST and DELTA are 2 large carriers, competitors at the very least, certainly not sharing the same aircraft? Oh well, just another mystery! Maybe Aharon can figure it out for us!

Downwind66,

Delta bought Northeast in order to get hands on Northeast's lucrative routes in the northeast states in America ESPECIALLY extremely profitable Boston airport market that Delta did not have access to until they bought Northeast and Delta did not have time to immediately paint all Northeast planes into Delta liveries hence you seeing Delta logos on Northeast planes to indicate ownership of Delta during transition from Northeast livery to Delta livery JUST LIKE British Airways bought Northeast (not to be confused with Northeast in America) and its yellow Tridents but British Airways did not have time to paint BA liveries quickly on Northeast Tridents so the BA put words British Airways on all yellow Tridents with Northeast logos.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Many thanks to Dirk, Mark C, and Aharon, for the explanation of the small Delta logo on a NorthEast airliner. The only airlines that I pay much attention to, are the ones that I fly (I should say infrequently fly) such as Delta and JetBlue! To be honest, Aharon, I never even noticed the Delta logo until you posted this thread! Shows how much I pay attention in my elder years!

Thanks for clarifying! Rick :cool:

Ah, good ol ACK. I'll be flying over to the island next Thursday from PVD and back. I like the pilot lounge at the FBO. Very nice and comfortable. Plus, I usually see a couple of former C208 pilots there. Always nice to catch up with them.

I do have this scenery and noticed the FedEx Caravan is in the old parking spot. FedEx has a new facility on the airport (literally across the street from the Nantucket Inn). The C208 parks near the facility now. Perhaps I should contact the developer of the scenery and advise of this?

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Darren,

Thanks for your kind words.

I do have this scenery and noticed the FedEx Caravan is in the old parking spot. FedEx has a new facility on the airport (literally across the street from the Nantucket Inn). The C208 parks near the facility now. Perhaps I should contact the developer of the scenery and advise of this?

Av8tor98,

Good idea Also please let them know that KACK does not have pushback tugs and they should disable FSX default pushback tugs for that scenery.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Archived