Hey all

My pro flight yoke keeps disconnecting every now and then, im at my wits end trying to figure it out.

Rudder pedals are fine.

Pro flight yoke is an old saitek logitech pro flt yoke

Any other ideas ive read to not use drivers from saitek as they cause more issues, so i updated with generic windows drivers

Thought?

I7 2.8 ghz laptop

16gb ram

Ssd drive

Rtx 3060

Hi,

I used to own a Saitek yoke (I sold it after just a few weeks & bought the Honeycomb) but I’m pretty sure I used Saitek’s drivers for it. Maybe you should give them a try?

Is the yoke plugged directly into the pc or are you using a USB hub? Plugging straight into the pc might be best. Another thought.. have you checked if you’ve got USB Power management enabled? Disable it if so.

How to Enable or Disable USB Selective Suspend in Windows 10 via Control Panel

Open Control Panel. ...

Click “Hardware and Sound”

Press “Power Options”

Click “Change plan settings” ...

Press “Change advanced power settings”

Look for the USB selective suspend settings and enable or disable it.

Hope this helps

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi Steve,

I tried via device manager to not allow usb to go in power saving mode. I'll your power plan setting idea.

I tried installing saitek drivers same issue.

Im plugged directly to laptop same issue on usb 2.0 or 3.0

I7 2.8 ghz laptop

16gb ram

Ssd drive

Rtx 3060

I’m at a loss then.

There are tons of posts about it though on various forums. Some saying they have fixed it, while others still trying to sort it.

Have a browse… maybe you’ll find the solution.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/pro-flight-yoke-disconnecting/376145

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/138723-solved-saitek-yoke-disconnects-delete/

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/484674-saitek-yoke-keeps-disconnecting/

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Thanks Steve, it is very strange, i will bite the bullet and buy another one, i already have the rudders and throttle so hopefully i have a faulty unit and a change will solve it. If that fails to ill move over to honeycomb but thats an expensive solution due to throttle being extra.

Its too bad for this yoke, i love the feel of it and got many years out of it. Strange that some people have it working while others dont. I dont recall having this issue with fsx. I dont think its the sim tho. The reason i think its faulty or a power issue, is because my clock green light flashes and goes off everynow and then, thats when it disconnects. Had the green light not shown any signs of wear and tear i would of just blamed the driver or windows update.

I have lots of equipment to figure out so this will be long before i get to fly an airliner as i did in the past.

Next up mcp combo and fmc from vrinsight.

Default planes for now and then FBW

Wish me luck, this is all part of flight simulation lol

I7 2.8 ghz laptop

16gb ram

Ssd drive

Rtx 3060

No prob. Sorry I didn’t solve it. You may be right about it though with the display going off like that.

I presume you’ve got the default throttle unit that plugs into the yoke? When I bought the Saitek yoke, I also bought the additional throttle unit, which has a usb socket (I tried to connect the original throttle with the ps2 plug to the pc first of course… but computer said no LOL. They want you to buy the extra throttle unit) I still have that today & still use it (sort of) I’ve got one of the buttons set to activate VR.. one of the levers is set to mixture.. and another for the parking brake! LOL

With one of these USB Saitek throttles, you wouldn’t need the Honeycomb Bravo throttles (althogh the Bravo is superb and so much better)

Going back to your yoke, I agree it’s not down to MSFS, as some simmers with the same issue are using it with Xplane.

Hope you sort it or manage to get a new one ok.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Right on i have the regular one and do not have the usb version of the throttle. This is exactly why im going this route, eventually honeycomb or velocity will be my go to yoke. I also saw the Boeing one, which is very nice but expensive. This is my cheapest way for now. Luckily my rudder pedals will play nice with all other equipment.

I7 2.8 ghz laptop

16gb ram

Ssd drive

Rtx 3060

No worries. Glad the rudder pedals are still good :)

Regards

Steve

Hi,

How to Enable or Disable USB Selective Suspend in Windows 10 via Control Panel

Open Control Panel. ...

Click “Hardware and Sound”

Press “Power Options”

Click “Change plan settings” ...

Press “Change advanced power settings”

Look for the USB selective suspend settings and enable or disable it.

Hope this helps

Regards

Steve

Hey Steve i retried this and a reboot and so far so good stable on desktop, going to mess around flying later to see if it stays connected. Fingers crossed

Thank you

I7 2.8 ghz laptop

16gb ram

Ssd drive

Rtx 3060

Great! Glad to help.

Let’s hope it’s sorted :)

Regards

Steve

• 5 months later...