Object placer working - but no way of converting from XML to BGL

Ralie25

Hi all,

Thanks to the very helpful users I have been able to get the object placer present in FSX. The final hurdle it seems however is to be able to convert the files from XML to BGL so that they will show in the sim. Abacus's website is down and even when it was working there was a fault - it wouldn't let me add anything to my cart. I have searched through a number of pages to try and find an alternative to scenery shortcut - to no avail.

Please let me know of any alternatives to scenery shortcut and any other way of converting the XML files to BGL. Thanks

Very best

The FSX BGL Compiler is in the FSX SDK: SDK\Environment Kit\BGL Compiler SDK. Just drag and drop your .xml file over the BglComp.exe file.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Yes I have seen this option before and have explored it. In the path you mentioned above, there is no BGLComp.exe file, all there is is a bglcomp.xmr (sorry may have the file extension wrong - not on my main system). Any ideas why I don't have the BGLCOMP.exe file? I am running FSX SE.

The compilers aren't included in the FSX:SE version, but you can get them by following the instructions in this thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/14/312265327165372184/

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Ok great thanks, I now have bglcomp.exe. Have created some scenery but when I put the xml file over the bglcomp.exe I see a code box appear quickly and something does happen but I can't find the bgl file. Where would I find that? I haven't moved the bglcomp.exe from the original c/programmefiles/lockeedmartin location. Also I searched the entire computer for the bgl and it returns nothing. Edited by Ralie25

The compiled *.bgl file should show up in the same folder as bglcomp.exe.

There are two possibilities to start with.

One could be the location, simply to test. Copy the folder containing bglcomp.exe to your Desktop and try running it there. Make sure to copy the entire folder, not just the .exe.

The second possibility is that there is an error in your .xml file. If you run bglcomp.exe from the Command Prompt that "code box" will not disappear and you can read the error message that is thrown by the exe.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Ok so I tried running the bglcomp from the desktop, same thing happens, just a quick flash of command prompt then no file output.

I've tried running from Command Prompt but get to opening it then don't know where to go.

Will post a new thread in regards to this issue.

Thanks