AI only Appears at Close Range

Another trick is to make the planes have much longer contrails. With long trails of condensatio you spot them from miles away.

Also helps to use the radar gauge. Filename: gauge.zip

in the flightsim.com file library.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For longer contrails, see the following file from the Flightsim.com file library:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Jetliners

FS2004/FSX Longer Contrails

[ Download | View ]

Name: longer_contrails_fsx_fs9.zip

Size: 280,842 Date: 05-19-2012 Downloads: 2,081

FS2004/FSX Longer Contrails. Makes your contrails in FSX/FS2004 longer and more realistic. Thanks to Jan Rosenberg for teaching us how contrails work in FS! By Jeff Favignano.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually I think FSX Steam already came with visible contrails because unlike my old FSX, on my first free flight in FSX Steam, I noticed a contrail high above me while I was parked at my home airport. So I guess FSX Steam has contrails. My friend's FSX Steam has a similar issue where the planes only appear close range, but are invisible at long range. I guess this is on everyone's FSX Steam. Seems there is no real solution to this issue, so i guess I'll just have to leave it be.

Useful for high-flying pilots, but I fly piston single props mainly. Oh well guess I'll just have to fly with the AI not very visible at long ranges. However I have another AI problem: All the AI prop airplanes for sound have the engine at idle at all times and they all have the same piston engine sound. AI jets and turboprops have the same issue. I looked at the Soundai folders of the aircraft and they all seem like they should be working. Is there a fix to this AI sound issue?

After I started flying a bit on FSX Steam, I noticed that the AI isn't visible unless you are close to it. On my old FSX, the AI loses the textures at long range, but remain black, remaining visible and easier to avoid. Does everyone have this issue or is it just me? Is there a way to fix it?

http://c-aviation.net/fsx-tweak/smallpartrejectradius-fix-disappearing-traffic-in-fsx-steam/

• 7 months later...

Did you have any luck?

I have exactly the same problem but for the life of me can't workout how to fix it. I did try setting the 'SmallPartRejectRadius' to '1' (as suggested) but this hasn't helped. I'm really keen to fix this as it makes flying missions such as the Customs Interception mission (where you have to tail a plane for an extended time) extremely difficult and annoying to fly.

Anyone know what the problem is?

I have a GTX 1070 video card and am running a completely vanilla install of FSX:SE.

Thanks for any help.

Did you have any luck?

I have exactly the same problem but for the life of me can't workout how to fix it. I did try setting the 'SmallPartRejectRadius' to '1' (as suggested) but this hasn't helped. I'm really keen to fix this as it makes flying missions such as the Customs Interception mission (where you have to tail a plane for an extended time) extremely difficult and annoying to fly.

Anyone know what the problem is?

I have a GTX 1070 video card and am running a completely vanilla install of FSX:SE.

Thanks for any help.

Are you having problems see AI like this? He was almost 10 miles out at the time and was following me into KPDX.

AI aircraft.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived