P3D v4.5 Hotfix released!

mallcott

Thanks for posting that, I am checking it out as we type....

Jorgen

Apparently the Prepar3d .cfg MUST be deleted for the Hotfix - it introduces a new line entry.

I will probably not get round to this until the weekend - got several systems to update. Might do mine if I get time but I didn't have any problems with base 4.5 anyway!

There are updates to the Client (the majority), Content, Scenery and SDK in the hotfix - I don't see anything requiring the deletion of the Prepar3d.cfg. And I didn't suffer the reported massive drop in FPS either.

Not wanting to deal with the scenery, I installed the new client and content, and then went for a test flight on a flight I had done several times before over Drzewiecki design's New York City and Airports.

Taking off from Teterboro, I then flew towards La Guardia and Kennedy, and in the beginning the flight seemed (according to my subjective memory) somewhat smoother.

The major difference I saw, however, was when approaching La Guardia I crossed the East River. Here I used to have a stutter lasting several seconds, now this stutter was barely perceptible.

So, based on this, I would say that the hotfix certainly has improved my system's performance.

Jorgen

There are updates to the Client (the majority), Content, Scenery and SDK in the hotfix - I don't see anything requiring the deletion of the Prepar3d.cfg. And I didn't suffer the reported massive drop in FPS either.

Not wanting to deal with the scenery, I installed the new client and content, and then went for a test flight on a flight I had done several times before over Drzewiecki design's New York City and Airports.

Taking off from Teterboro, I then flew towards La Guardia and Kennedy, and in the beginning the flight seemed (according to my subjective memory) somewhat smoother.

The major difference I saw, however, was when approaching La Guardia I crossed the East River. Here I used to have a stutter lasting several seconds, now this stutter was barely perceptible.

So, based on this, I would say that the hotfix certainly has improved my system's performance.

Jorgen

Read further: Try without the Prepar3d.cfg and see if you get the new line in the `old` one. Obviously you will need to copy the old .cfg to be able to DO a line-by-line comparison - and by then you may as well just deleted the thing anyway!

Temporary and `built` files should always be deleted on version and point change.

L-M have full details courtesy of Poppet step-by-step guidance.

I've gained about 10% fps (or rather recovered) but mostly it's smmmoooooooth where before FPS varied wildly - and I can finally run unlimited frames where before there was always a cost in average fps from limiting frame rate.

The new line came info the "old" cfg by itself, but I made a copy, deleted the file and let it rebuild anyway, then put all my tweaks back in.

And, to get over the pain of losing the default Beech King Air, I copied the one from FSX over, and it works perfectly in P3D.

Jorgen

Cool about the King Air. Thanks for that. Definitely will copy it over!

I may be wrong, but it is my understanding that the default FSX aircraft will also work in P3D.

No guarantees here, I can only say that the King Air ported over successfully on my system.

Jorgen

Some may. Most wont: You cannot tell what it will do to your P3Dv4.x installation...

As development moves on, the aircraft compatibility substantially reduces. PBR textures can have unfortunate effects on non-PBR aircraft...