Change default view..........

gypsymoth

In Panel.cfg change the first figure in VIEW_FORWARD_DIR, sample below (shown 1) lower the number, horizon goes down (usually between 1 or 6) :

[VIEWS]

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=1.000, 0.000, 0.000

If you panel is missing this under views, add it to it.

Then, when you fly hit shift/enter or shift/backspace to move the horizon up or down as required.

I also have one key (tab) programed to return to the default view:

settings/assignments/view commands/eyepoint reset/…..select the key of your choice - I got tab key programmed.

This is handy when you want to return to the default vie when flying in fog and did not exactly know where you left the view selected by shift/enter or shift/tab.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Good morning.

The answer was to change VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=12.500, 0.000, 0.000 to DIR=1.000, 0.000, 0.000.

I had installed a Glen Copelamd Seat adjust gauge (better than using the keyboard dodge) for him but I was sure there was a proper answer.....................so thank you all.

C-182:

2D: Shift+Enter=Raise Viewpoint: The view changes so you can see the Yellow Taxi Line (to make taxi turns). Hit Spacebar to reset view to 'flying' view.

VC: Shift+Enter=Raise Viewpoint: First Zoom Out (3x'-'). The panel moves down to see the Yellow Taxi Line (to make taxi turns). Hit BACKSPACE to reset Zoom then hit SPACEBAR to reset view to 'flying' view.

DC-3:

2D: Shift+Enter=Raise Viewpoint: The view changes so you can see the Yellow Taxi Line (to make taxi turns). Hit Spacebar to reset view to 'flying' view.

VC: Shift+Enter=Raise Viewpoint: First Zoom Out (3x'-'). The vc panel moves down so you can see the Yellow Taxi Line (to make taxi turns). Hit Backspace to rest Zoom then hit Spacebar to reset view to 'flying' view.

For all other '3rd Party' (other airplanes) with 2D panel should be good. But the airplanes with 'No VC' the view might be pointing down...you don't (can't) use the Viewpoint keys to adjust... BUT, you can use your joy HAT SWITCH to move the view where you want ( too simple?). Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived