I sure hope future versions of MSFS2020 will include decent graphics of the crashes. Yes we all try (of course) never to crash but I always found it so much fun to actually see the crash and burn in older flightsims and most of them did it really well. It is now just really boring to crash into the slide of mountain in a CFIT crash and get "you damaged your landing gear" etc etc. I hope the opportunity to turn on graphics for crashes if offered in the future. As a 3200 hour real-world pilot I used to feel terrible when crashing but now it is part of the fun !!! Just like I usually burst out laughing when I crash one of my model RC planes these days.

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

That is a great idea and point. I know in xplane11 you cam recreate famous crashes and yes they can be "fun" but also a great training tool and experience tool. Also it would be great if in msfs2020 they have some sort of flight problems you can work through. Like an engine stall, emergency landings. How about a way to radio into atc and call for an emergency. They clear the runways and ylu cam make emergency landings , crashes ect...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I agree entirely, but I doubt they will do it. If I remember correctly, older versions of MSFS had crash effects but it all stopped after Sept 11th

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I agree entirely, but I doubt they will do it. If I remember correctly, older versions of MSFS had crash effects but it all stopped after Sept 11th

Regards

Steve

Steve, I believe you are 100% correct. After 9/11 MS removed that "feature"

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Hmmmm....I don't recall any version since 95 (my first) having crashes. But I have the memory of a goldfish, so I'm probably wrong.

Anyway, I'm happy to be the prude and say I don't support adding the feature. I live near the site where Swissair 111 went down. And although the accident predates my arrival by many years, it nevertheless breaks my heart to drive by the memorial.

But I know I'm being a hypocrite, because I have enjoyed my fair share of first person shooters and many people die in gun violence and war... This particular matter is just close to my heart...

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

Yes I was talking about X-plane primarily, I cannot see what 9/11 has to do with removing crashes from flightsim versions and X-plane was richer with the actual crashes showing and yes it was part of the fun. If I have to do a gear up landing it would be nice to actually see it, not just a black screen. I am sure when it no longer politically incorrect to have crashes we may see them again.

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.