Latest Nvidia driver 436.02

Hossfly68

Just wanted to see what the general consensus was from anybody who has updated to Nvidia Driver 436.02.

I went ahead yesterday and installed it and it seems to have changed my shaders a bit and things seem to run even a bit more smoothly.

I'm flying an Hp Omen laptop with DX10 and Steve's Dx 10 Fixer, Ultimate Terrain, and GeX also. Most sliders are set to max or very dense. I have frames set to 31FPS in the sim and I'm running right around that with no problems. The only thing I have noticed is that runways get a broken, jagged appearance for just a second as I pan my viewpoint.

The big thing is that there's something different about the way the screen looks. I can't even begin to describe it other than "smooth" and almost what the eye would see in real life. It's really nice actually.

I've avoided changing drivers for a loooooooooong time. I figured "it's working great, don't putz with it.".

In a moment of weakness, I hit the button. I can't complain about the results.

If all the reported gains in fps were genuine, by now I'd be running my sim at 1,000 fps, with all sliders easily at max.

I'm not.

Placebo Effect?

I didn't get any extra FPS, at least not that I've seen. I run locked at 31. Just runs smoother and like I said, the image seems more real.

Don't upgrade if you don't want to. Just sharing what I noticed.

You misunderstand: I ALWAYS change the drivers.

It's just that for all the faffing, I don't see a single extra fps. New drivers are NEVER optimised for older games like FSX or Prepar3d...

I've used older drivers; newer drivers; prototype drivers, even drivers off the beaten track of branches.

STILL never a single extra fps. And I do use DDU to ensure a clean, fresh installation.

It's why I stopped posting about new drivers in the P3D forum: There's never the slightest difference I can perceive... Lock it at 31, and fahgeddabahtit,

Still if you've noted a difference, good luck: Did you use DDU? And change the Nvidia colour settings? Reset the 3D Settings?

I thought the Nvidia settings would be reset so I saved a profile, and even went so far as to write down my settings, but they're exactly the same.

I haven't changed color settings or anything either. I may fool around with settings this weekend to see how far I can push it, or I may just fly and be happy. It's funny that flightsim has turned into two hobbies..Flying AND tweaking.

I thought the Nvidia settings would be reset so I saved a profile, and even went so far as to write down my settings, but they're exactly the same.

I haven't changed color settings or anything either. I may fool around with settings this weekend to see how far I can push it, or I may just fly and be happy. It's funny that flightsim has turned into two hobbies..Flying AND tweaking.

Worse still. There are new drivers now - the 436.15's WHQL, released today...

And I have no care for Nvidia Inspector settings - they dont work for P3Dv4.5, my only real area of interest these days.

In the words of Charlie Brown kicking the football... "AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHY!"

Well, I'll update again next year I guess...

And this is why I stopped reporting on updated drivers:

*436.15 released on 27/08/19

*436.20 released 29/08 - Beta Vulkan driver

*440.23 Insider driver released to Insider Group for Windows 18 970 on 30/08/19

So far, 440.23 looks the best - still no FPS difference AT ALL...

It's all pointless, unless it's part of a regular update session.