P3d

pollito

hey all

the helicopter I just downloaded won work, the readme file mentions P3D and I guess I dont have cuz it wont appear.

please tell me what P3D is and what I do to install it, if possible

thank you

hmmm...I dont think I understood what you said, but something tells me I should forget about it, So Im going to delete it and move on...from now on anything P3D related is a no no.

thank you

Loki was explaining that P3d is a Sim, like FSX, or FS2004, and planes or helos that were designed for P3d will probably not work or show in FSX.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

P3D is short for Prepar3D, which, as the two gentlemen have explained, is a flight simulator just like FS2004/FS9, FSX or X-Plane.

Versions 1, 2 and 3 of P3D are 32-bit, and many add-ons for FSX are compatible with those versions. But versions 4 and 5 are 64-bit, and that limits the backwards compatibility severely.

In addition, all versions are more demanding of the computer hardware than FSX, especially the later versions.

More information here: https://www.prepar3d.com/.

Plus, on this site there is a Prepar3D forum.

Jorgen

hmmm...gotcha ...since there are a good bunch of files saying P3D/FSX and I dont have P3D sim, do I have to download the file and cross my fingers hoping it will work with FSX? or is there any other way to find out beforehand?

lol...I just had a thot: is this poison?...try it and you will know soon enuff...

thanks all the same

hmmm...gotcha ...since there are a good bunch of files saying P3D/FSX and I dont have P3D sim, do I have to download the file and cross my fingers hoping it will work with FSX? or is there any other way to find out beforehand?

lol...I just had a thot: is this poison?...try it and you will know soon enuff...

thanks all the same

I would say it will probably be for the best if you learn more basics first. Then come back when you know what questions to ask... FSX has a basic tutorial and several lessons that will fill gaps in our knowledge.