Rod's Lessons

Goggles

I'm trying to work my way through the FSX lessons and some of them just do not work as they should.

As an example, Private Pilot Lesson 5 Air Traffic Control, at takeoff with throttle pushed all the way forward, the airplane doesn't get up enough speed to lift off the runway.

Another I'm having a problem with is Private Pilot Lesson 3 VOR Navigation. He sets up the nav controls, but I don't see the numbers he cites.

Are these known issues, or is the error mine?

I'm trying to work my way through the FSX lessons and some of them just do not work as they should.

As an example, Private Pilot Lesson 5 Air Traffic Control, at takeoff with throttle pushed all the way forward, the airplane doesn't get up enough speed to lift off the runway.

Another I'm having a problem with is Private Pilot Lesson 3 VOR Navigation. He sets up the nav controls, but I don't see the numbers he cites.

Are these known issues, or is the error mine?

In lesson 3 it seems Rod is looking at a totally different panel than the C-172. I didn't notice him changing any freqs either! Lesson 5 was fine. Takeoff is a bit sluggish in the C-172. I would recommend fudging a bit and adding about 25 more horsepower to the engine in the aircraft.cfg.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

FS9.jpg

This image is from FS9. This lesson works like a charm, as do all the lessons in FS9. I don't know if there is a work around for this.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Archived