Should I always start FSX in non-window'ed mode?

nrios

In FSX Steam, it seems like it always starts minimized on the task bar and I have to keep pressing button combinations to play with it. I'm thinking because it was in windowed mode when I quit FSX the last time I used it. Some addons work in windowed mode only. Do I really need to be on non-window mode when I exit FSX Steam?

In FSX Steam, it seems like it always starts minimized on the task bar and I have to keep pressing button combinations to play with it. I'm thinking because it was in windowed mode when I quit FSX the last time I used it. Some addons work in windowed mode only. Do I really need to be on non-window mode when I exit FSX Steam?

Only if you don't want to have to goof around with it the next time!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

@Mr Zippy, I can't believe you are running FSX in WinXP with just 2 Gig of RAM either. Why? Are you a minimalist? Are you using any addons at all?

It's the computer I have! FSX runs well. Many, many addon aircraft...some even payware! Tons of photoreal scenery from Bluesky and many addon airports. I don't watch framerates, I look for the smoothest operation.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

IIRC, FSX defaults initially to full screen, but I'm pretty sure it writes the ending state (full or windowed) and resomes that way when closed normally. I personally find the 2d to 3d switching lag when changing from flight to menu or to another application to be very annoying. Full-screen also screws with multi-screen operations and now that I don't have a second screen, I need the sim to leave room for a narrow slice of Plan-G, Discord or Join FS also. Yes, a bit crowded though I'm NOT going for the immersion but for the multi-player company.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners