Saitek Multi Panel Problem

Whizzo

Hello, So I bought my latest Saitek gear a few days ago (second hand) for a great price. I bought the Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Switch and Muilti panels. Everything seems to work just fine exept the Multi Panel. The pitch trim dosent work, When I press the flaps knob once it goes to about 20 degrees, I used to use the flaps with the prop control but when I use the Multi panel it dosent work anymore. And everytime I go up or down in the auto pilot (Alt, Hdg, Ias, ect) it goes up and down by 3. for example when I select Alt, it goes like 300 , 600 , 900 , 1200 and not like 100 , 200 , 300. same for everything else on the auto pilot. Please help because I dont know what am I doing wrong.

Sorry if I have English problems.

Many thanks,

Eddie

Interesting, I might take a look at that although my Steam edition of FSX is behaving far better than the CD version with the Saitek drivers. The latest release, and the one that will be supported, is called SPADneXT. It's very good but you only get a 5 day trial for free then you have to pay. One of the things i like is that the panels only come on when you switch the battery on in the plane.

Alan

Alan

How about FSUIPC? Do you have a registered (paid) version? I found I could do so much more with the registered version!!

A. You need the registered version of FSUIPC.

B. You need to assign inputs based upon your hardware and desires. ;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

A. You need the registered version of FSUIPC.

B. You need to assign inputs based upon your hardware and desires. ;)

FSUIPC does not natively recognise the Saitek Multi Panel as a HID, so you can't program its buttons like you can program the buttons of a joystick. To use FSUIPC with the Multi Panel you need to install SPAD and configure FSUIPC virtual buttons, or install LINDA and program the buttons that way.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

FSUIPC does not natively recognise the Saitek Multi Panel as a HID, so you can't program its buttons like you can program the buttons of a joystick. To use FSUIPC with the Multi Panel you need to install SPAD and configure FSUIPC virtual buttons, or install LINDA and program the buttons that way.

For custom programmed instructions possibly you are correct. I haven't tried to do that.

However I've used Multi-panel with FSUIPC for all the functions listed on the face of the device for at least a year & they work fine. And that does include Pitch Trim, APR, etc.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hey Mark, I'm kind of new to all of the drivers and SPAD thingy. Maybe you can help me understand it better? So I downloaded the free version on SPAD (v0.5.1) and I installed it. Now, when I open the program I can see the multi panel there. I edited some of the settings but it says FSUIPC Status: Disconnected. What does FSUIPC does? Do I need it to get my panel working on FSX:SE ?

Thanks,

Ed

What does FSUIPC does? Do I need it to get my panel working on FSX:SE ?

Yes, I think you need FSUIPC. It is a utility that allows addons to interface with FSX. There is a free version and a paid-for version. I think you can get basic SPAD functionality with the free version.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

Yes, I think you need FSUIPC. It is a utility that allows addons to interface with FSX. There is a free version and a paid-for version. I think you can get basic SPAD functionality with the free version.

Everything is working perfectly now! Thanks Mark.

Archived