FSX F_18 Super hornet hud and mfd

CAPT_JOEL

Hey guys,

I recently added a F-18 Hornet to FSX. i can't get get the hud to work or turn it on and same problems with the Mfd. I also can't seem to click on the switches and knobs. Is it because the downloads or is there a command for it?

Joel

Ya beat me to it, Zippy.

As usual :p

If it's the FSDT FSX BA F/A-18C v17.1.31, I may be able to help. If it's the TacPac Superbug, yer on yer own, I'm afraid.

Let us know!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

That's the one I figured! Will download and try.

UPDATE: Garbage like I thought! HUD in the 2D cockpit is no good. VC HUD works but no stick animation or throttles (thrust levers) and no power up when joystick throttle is increased.

I have an FS9 version that has a working HUD in the 2D but the VC glass is black. PhantomTweak will link you to the latest and greatest F-18 from FSDreamteam.

f-18 2d HUD.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You're right. Napping. What can I say?

I would strong recommend the FSDT plane. It is THE best there is available. Both the FDE and FCS are simply superb. It's even TacPac enabled. Super systems modeling, too.

Now, throw in Javier's Nimitz v2 package, and some dandy little programs called vLSO, AICarriers.NET, and Pitching Deck, add a little weather, real or your made up weather, your choice, and it doesn't get much more realistic.

You can dogfight others on-line, or do bombing practice. No TacPac? Download and install Chris Sike's Weapons4 pack. Does it destroy targets? No, but it makes the bombs drop, and the explosion effects sure LOOK good. Crater a runway, collapse a bunker, just annoy the heck out of some troopies. It's fun, and free.

Go out in the middle of the ocean and do carrier quals all day long. Simply amazing plane.

I can link the other programs for you if you need, or you can just google them at your discretion.

Above all, HAVE FUN!

I sure do :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Something to bear in mind when installing the F-18 v17.1.31: Make sure you let the installer install the .NET Framework. While it's doing that, it can appear as though it has stopped, or locked up. It hasn't. It can take up to 10 or 15 minutes to complete. Just let it run. Go get a cuppa, step outside and see the sun (or moon :D ), whatever. It'll work fine. When it's done, you'll know.

This is necessary for the FCS and the displays.

Also necessary for the AICarriers.NET. Read it's Readme for more info, assuming you utilize it.

You'll have to add both AICarriers, and vLSO to your EXE.XML file manually. Again, read the Readme files included.

If you have any questions, I'll see if I can help as best I can.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived