Claude Lacey's AI Aircraft Texture Manager Query

eddywinch82

Hi there,

I have looked for the above Utility Program on the web.archive.org website, and all links to this program, don't work when I try and click

on them for the .zip File download. Is there a current FlightSim Website, that has this Program, available to download ? According to File descriptions on Avsim, it says it is excellent, and you can install all AI Aircraft textures, in just a few clicks. Which is what I would like to do, it is important to me, because I have downloaded 4000+ From Project AI from the web.archive.org, and would like to install them all quickly.

The Original Project AI Texture Manager, only lets you install, one texture at a time, and doing that, will take hours and hours each day. I allready have all the necessary Project AI, AI Aircraft installed. If there is nowhere on the internet, I can find this utility, does anyone have a copy they could email me ? I would appreciate it, if somebody could. If someone is willing to, could they PM me, and I will give you my email address. I hope someone can help.

Best Regards

Eddie Winch

I'm tempted to say don't be so impetuous, but that would sound rude. Installing so many aircraft in one shot is potentially fraught with disaster, automated or not.

If it is going to take hours and hours you might aswell do them manually (as I do) and you will soon get into the swing of doing it that way with ease.

Then run ACA (recommend ACA2007 Light) at intervals which will identify any errors.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Hi John, Many thanks for your reply. I have allready backed up my Flight Sim 2004 Aircraft Folder. So if something goes wrong, I can revert back to the original Folder.

I am thinking of installing, in batches of 100 or so, rather than 4000 etc all at once. I presume there is nowhere on the internet, I can find the Utility I am looking for ?

Eddie

I am thinking of installing, in batches of 100 or so, rather than 4000 etc all at once. I presume there is nowhere on the internet, I can find the Utility I am looking for ?

Good plan. I am afraid I have never heard of that utility. I did a quick web search and found this - http://www.owlsnest.eu/tools.php - that's no help, is it? Other search results suggest what you want was developed solely for PAI, a now-dead project. As far as I know their products were not allowed to be distrubuted elsewhere so you may be out of luck there.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Archived