Airport departure problem FSX/ACC Win7

mealone

Hi Folks,

A Big thank you goes to these forums, they have kept me interested in FSX all through the years.

After reading thousands of replies, to relative issue. I’ve come-up short and still am puzzled why this issue hasn’t been sorted over the years.

I know that every system is different and also every FSX config. So, with that in mind, I can understand there is no absolute fix to please everyone.

Recently I read a post that said “use the (//exit) to eradicate the departing problem for cargo-doors”.

Add-on’s these days don’t pay much attention to the airport traffic (fuel, baggage and jetways). This is mainly due to the fact that there are several traffic add-on packages (ie UT2 and sorts). But, for those who are not so well off (in money, system fps or capacity) I really think this issue should be higher in priority when making planes and scenery for the ‘out of the box’ Sims. Even more so since Dovetail brought out the updated version of FSX-Steam.

I’m one of the older generation, when I assemble a new system (Desktop) I need to go through the default routine of first installing with CD’s, then updating to sp1, sp1-sdk, sp2, sp2-sdk, acceleration and acc-sdk. It take me a few hours to complete this miner setup. After this I create the toolbars, add simconnect settings, fs-recorder and fsuipc. Then comes the mods (updated scenery, textures, uiautomation and a few other dll’s. Then it’s time to configure the user/FSX folder and key/joystick controls.

Finally I install all the scenery and plane add-on’s I downloaded over the years. Because I fly mainly in and around EUROPE, I change all the stock planes from American to European airlines. If all goes well I will be doing my first minor problem less flight within the week. (I may have forgotten a few!)

Some of the Add-on packages are not setup well for the system:

Scenery: houses or tree’s on the runways or parking spots. Road traffic appearing or disappearing

Planes: Jetways, baggage car alignment to the cargo doors, wheels sinking and light placements.

But, these are all settings I alter on occasion. That is FSX simming for me, it’s one of the reasons I still fly in FSX.

Now to the point of my post! (Finally)

I’ve been messing around in my FlightPlansAircraft.txt and bgl, creating certain flights for different aircrafts and using the 1% so I can reduce the amount of AI, as to keep-up FPS and not overcrowd the airports.

I have notice lately, just by sitting at an airport waiting to view my creations, which most of the airlines assigned to the plans (schedule) don’t depart at all. Just sit in pre-flight.

I did discover there were no fuel-truck’s at the given add-on airport. So, I boldly added a few

(Original bgl zipped) one for the GA and one for the Gates. This was working great, but didn’t resolve the pre-flight problem. The Jetways work (if not right away I hit the SLEW button a few times, or adjust the parked distance of the plane).

The last post I read was the Pre-flight procedure for FSX and discovered that it IS essential to have the baggage-load working for AI just as much as the fuel-truck or the plane will strike and refuse to push back. (Even on Sunday’s) haha

It seems to me, adjustments need to be made for the distance of the AI planes front wheel to the pushcart. I might know the answer, but my old age is playing up again and I’m totally confused.

Could someone enlighten me of how to eradicate this problem and set me off in the right direction?

I believe it’s the aircraft.cfg or is my ADF way off target?

I glanced in the ADE to see if the parking spot was correct and it is! Sorry I can’t give you more info.

Before you mention, turn off/down the “airport Vehicle Density” in Traffic. That’s an option, not a fixture. I like to keep my experience as close to real as I can. Just by having jetways to look at is not real if you can’t activate them and same goes for fuel and baggage carts. It’s like flying without ATC!

Thank you beforehand for your replies and suggestions. :pilot:

Me

FSX Rules!! :pilot:

What time's the next flight?

***What was your question??***

It seems to me, adjustments need to be made for the distance of the AI planes front wheel to the pushcart. I might know the answer, but my old age is playing up again and I’m totally confused.

Could someone enlighten me of how to eradicate this problem and set me off in the right direction?

I think.

On it's own FSX is, and never was, perfect. Especially when you throw in 3rd party airports, aircraft, etc. You have to learn how to edit your own cfg's, etc. Nobody had all the answers, either. As you say we are all different. I myself don't fly Tubes, but just GA, never use ATC, and 90% of the time I am working on, and driving, VEHICLES. And that Genre is just as muddled as any 'Beta' work could be and I had to learn how to make things work. There is no 'User Manual' for the vehicle 'driving' (flying?). The trees on the runway, by the way, is due to YOUR Auto Gen being 'very dense'. Slide it back to Normal or Sparse and the trees will be gone. So, there again, it's FSX 'limititations' rearing it's ugly head. As is the road traffic poping in/out for no reason. Note: road traffic depends on the population density for that area + the % in settings. So if you have are on street with an empty apartment the car vanishes (HA!). You have to learn to live with these 'limitations'. It's not as 'Real' as it can be (as you found out)!!

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hi guys,

Sorry it took so long to react to suggestions, been a little preoccupied in RL. Anyway cheers for the reactions, I thought it to be a little ‘over the top’ a question to actually post.

You are right in saying “I can only expect as much realism as thought gone into the sim” I use some third party add-ons to enhance the realism, not realising I’m asking too much of the Simulator.

Having said that, I do have to tone down the setting somewhat to keep the FPS at around 30 constant on this old machine. (I’m saving up for, eventually, my i9, 32 Gb RAM and a GTX 1080) Back in the day I remember my FS98 was also dragged down by the lack in the system and yet today we can still fly in FSX (2007) With Quad x64, 8 Gb ram with a decent graphics card with 2 gig on-board and still struggle to keep the realism. It runs smooth enough at FL230, but under 8500ft you can expect deterioration and stuttering screen. So, I don’t think the new rig will be much better. I wonder, if there’s ever going to be a system that can perform excellent with all the sliders at 100%?

Chuck>

Your right in setting the Auto Gen back to dense or Normal. It was on ‘very dense’. I never liked the deserted scene when landing or taking off. I suppose if all you use your FSX for is to land and take off, all you need is the blue sky colour, green ground colour, and the classic grey mat you had for runway in the MSFS 4.0, (Still have those diskette’s somewhere) but there won’t be any need for the 4.1 scenery add-on, that just added a few light-grey blocks to portray the airport buildings and city. (THEN it all started to go wrong!! I think you’re onto something there Chuck). Take off and land was great it was that dreaded left-hand turn to fly over New York (That is where the stuttering began and was hard to steer because the screen couldn’t keep up with the refresh rate).

I am also a driving fan with ETS and ATS. As I recall there are ‘User Manuals’, not that I needed them.

But I see more smooth activity in ATS towns and cities than ever in FSX airports. I suppose, if you don’t have the cash for the latest gadget’s and systems, you need to make do with the simple things in life. Like the lollypop-sticks and an elastic band.

I do accept the fact that FSX still has its limitations, but with the tech we have these days we should be able to ‘up the realism’ even slightly without screwing up the system or the Simulator. That is the reason so many people direct a great deal of time and effort creating these add-ons. All I want to do is tweak them a little to suit my needs. I don’t upgrade every runway in Britten, just the major ones

ie Manchester, Heathrow and Birmingham. The rest are far away to use as destinations for the TUBES.

I think you answered my question though with 'Limitations'. Thank you.

Mr Zippy, I only just noticed your American's. :o

My Question is the title and:

I’ve been messing around in my FlightPlansAircraft.txt and bgl, creating certain flights for different aircrafts and using the 1% so I can reduce the amount of AI, as to keep-up FPS and not overcrowd the airports.

I have notice lately, just by sitting at an airport waiting to view my creations, which most of the airlines assigned to the plans (schedule) don’t depart at all. Just sit in pre-flight.

I did discover there were no fuel-truck’s at the given add-on airport. So, I boldly added a few

(Original bgl zipped) one for the GA and one for the Gates.

This was working great, but didn’t resolve the pre-flight problem. The Jetways work (if not right away I hit the SLEW button a few times, or adjust the parked distance of the plane).

Comment:

Because of the pre-flight Sequence, the AI need to complete the order or it will just sit there for the duration or it will suddenly disappear. Keeping up with the 'more real' scene, what is the point of sliding everything back, other than to just take-off and land?

I think I'm expecting too much in the direction of perfection. Isn't that the point of Working, Gaming, Simming and Living?

Thanks again for the reactions. :)

Mealone:pilot:

Mr Zippy, I only just noticed your American's.

Sorry, didn't realize they were showing!;) I use WOAI with all of the programming of what they do/don't do already done. I guess most of us are just happy to see aircraft sitting at the gates as we taxi by. I've noticed that most have no problems with getting taxi permission from Ground Control and they push back from the gate easily. There was a list put out by Wim (f16jockey2) for door adjustments for jetway connections. It definitely help matters. I've never really seen any baggage trucks and very few fuel trucks near the AI. Of course, I never stick around my gate long enough to watch.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hey MrZippy,

Just reading back my post. I did sound a bit rude! Sorry for that. The fact that it’s been a hectic week for me is no excuse and I do apologise if anyone is offended by what I’ve posted.

I am quite new to this forum stuff, posting is not my speciality, I would rather talk face to face. That however is not easy when you don’t know anyone who likes to sim, so online is my only option. But please bear with me, I will try my best in the future.

As I explained in the first post, those adjustments I do while after installing all the updates and add-ons. Sometimes I will see objects that look out of place, I make a note and see to them in time.

I have noticed in forums, that lots of people use alternative programs like UT2, WOAI, helicopter AI, GSX and Xtreme-G, even some programs to enhance the realism with cabin crew. Ok, that has less to do with flying your plane, but it makes it more realistic. (At this point some would say ‘Get A Life’, but simming has been a huge part of my life from day one of coming home with my first PC).

For some people FSX is not enough, but guys like me don’t always have the cash lying around to upgrade or buy new Simulators, such as the X-plane 11 or iFly? (I forget) If my system struggles with FSX, I think the realism will decrease even more with X-plane or other modern simulators. I will be force to fly over a painted canvas, like in Google-maps.

I hope by now you understand where I’m coming from, and what my point is?

“I never stick around my gate long enough to watch.”

I gather by this you haven’t added and AI (schedules) to your FlightPlansAircraft file? Do you favour the GA to the commercial airlines when flying? I have flew many GA when I was doing the missions and schooling, now and then I would dust off a Cessna 182 in the hangers and go for a short spin from one runway to the next or enjoy a TNG at my local. But nothing beats the complete journey of a 737 or A320 with all the trimmings, calculations and adjustments while ATC is shouting at you. Finally Trying to do that perfect landing with fully loaded with almost empty tank.

But it’s great to talk to guys who enjoy flying as much as I do.:)

Planes parked is normal. It's just them waiting for their fixed departure times, which could be hours away.

Editing the main aircraft.txt file and such is so FS2002.

Use woai.

Don't use TTools. Use Aifp.

You'll want to contest the woai .bgl files to fsx type files. See here why and how:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?282842-Where-do-AI-airplanes-go

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cheers il88pp,

But as I mentioned in previous post, WOAI is yet another add-on program. I have been reading those pages and find that it just add more logs to the fire. WOAI is setup for FS9. Needing to convert to FSX usually ends up conflicting in other ways, or you don’t get the full effect. Like planes for instance, some of the FS2004 aircraft are configured different to the FSX and wont react in the same way in FSX, also some parts don’t show up after the conversion, but that’s another story!

I do tend to gabble on about certain things, but I like to inform as much as I can, in as shorter time as possible. (It’s like searching in search engines, the more key words the best direct approach to what you are looking for) This is why I don’t expect readers to read every line, but it would help to understand what the question was and what I have already achieved or found out.

I have never used the WOAI, so I don’t really know if it suitable for my system. All I want is to use the FSX as it came in the box (so many years ago….) With the system I have these days I should surely be able to run it at full speed with all the trimmings. The only things I have changed are the American airlines to European, and enhanced a few Airports that I frequently use. And it’s with the Airports where the problem lies. FSX has standard Jetways, fuel and baggage-trucks. All I expect is for those to work the way MS intended when they created the package.

I have been using AIFP, it’s the only software I comfortable with for editing. That is why I have no FS9 conflicts in FSX. The planes will sit and wait as long as I’m watching them.

I have found a neat trick to MAKE them leave:

FSX_Tools.jpg

Red: You see he is waiting in preflight (for hours)

Blue: Selecting the Tools from the menu-bar, then explorer

Green: Find Preflight planes and right-click, then choose slew

Repeat the Green and you’ll see the Black start working

After 2 – 4 minutes the plane will backup and request taxi.

I have forgotten how I get the Tools in the menu-bar. (It was easy!)

This is what I’m trying with a little help here, to FIX. It should run automatically and I don’t know what happened so I can undo it. :confused:

Sorry for yet another long post! :(

I only read the first paragraph of your reply so far.

With WOAI you don't convert the planes, and they work just fine as is.

Also, for those who want, WOAI has 'FSX' packages for almost all airlines these days. Those planes are native fsx.

The converting is only about the trafficplan files. THe .bgl files.

Not the planes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just checking, you have only one (heavily edited) TrafficAircraft.bgl file? Or others too?

Or not edited the .bgl, only the textures swapped in the aircraft folders?

It can take a few minutes for aircraft to start taxiing. Up to 15 i heard.

I see one is taxiing already in your view of trafficexplorer.

Something else, is your slider for traffic set very high? That may explain all those extre planes in 'sleep'.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi il88pp

As I said “I have read the posts on WOAI, but haven’t actually use it myself” so I wouldn’t know how it works. And the converting issue…. I must have understood it wrong or not entirely. Sorry. :o

Indeed I have just the one TrafficAircraft.bgl and just the one TrafficCarriers.bgl and one TrafficBoat.bgl. My TrafficAircraft is 22,3mb and over 35.000 scheduled flights for 120 aircrafts, most of which are not active because I have the slider set to 25%. So there are about 700 max active all around the world. The ones you see in the pic are scheduled at 1%, that way I can see the ones I scheduled myself. I didn’t know you could have more than one. After reinstalling my FSX and copying over my docs and plans, I noticed the KLM plans were in a separate bgl. Not seeing any KLM in the simulator while taxiing, I thought this was the problem. So I added them to the ‘big bgl one’ and here they are.

I always calculate the 15min delay when starting the “fly now”. This is also strange, most of the time, the only Airlines that leave are the ones that were already cleared by the ATC in the first 30sec. Hmm :confused:

Just checked, the Turkish airline was leaving from airport close by (75.1nm). Because I have the slider at 25% the explorer adds other airport traffic too. I don’t know what the radius amount is though. That should also explain the sleep. Most of those are GA, 6 airlines in the pic are scattered around in other Airports. The five here at the gates are planned to leave within the next 45min.

I had only scheduled for the 3 KLM flights here (I’m not saying the Dutch are stubborn, because Ryanair also sits in preflight…. hmm) Oh dear!! Lots to think about here. Nah, I refuse to accept that as the reason they won’t leave. Hans is a good friend of mine and he assures me this won’t happen. ;)

I needed to experiment on the Airport.blg to convince myself, so I changed the radius to the parking spots to see if the planes would park more to the center, instead of almost on top of the pushcart. I thought maybe, the carts are placed according to the radius of the spot! Didn’t change a thing. :(

Oh well another day, another line crossed of the old list.

Mealone

Problem could be that aifp is set up for fs9.

That's why your klm file didn't show. It's compiled for fsx, your trafficaircraft.bgl plan is probably compiled for fs9. When both fsx type and fs9 type are present, only the fs9 type ones show up.

Also, by recompiling the large plan you could well have messed up all aircraft speeds. Speed to low to reach next airport in time? Plane just waits, doesn't depart, disappears, and reappears at next airport.

Fs9 plans are possibly compiled for fs9 airport coordinates. Causes problems too.

Make backups of all your plans, save outside the fsx folder. Other drive best.

Then let aifp check the whole fsx folder for fs9 plans, and let it convert all of them. In one go.

I think I gave a link to a thread about how and why of converting. Read it again front to back before you start.

il.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forgot to add some things.

-make sure that after conversion fs9 bgl's are removed from the fsx folder. First do a search only. Keep the window open to see the list while backing up files.

-with the backups saved you can always undo it. But this may well help.

You'll need to convert future fs9 bgl's as well, or the fsx files stop showing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys,

Ray Hff:

Thanks for replying. I have been busy checking and verifying that all the line-ups and frequencies that are needed are in-fact as they should be according to the stock that has been taken over.

I have also tested with various landing procedures. ILS was slightly off mark by 0.0245, but we landed safe on the runway without drifting off. I also retrieved the old Skyhawk from the hanger, after giving it an overhaul with WD-40, tyre pressure and custom oil-change, it too made an almost perfect landing, mainly because I’m not that stable with the old stick these days. This is far from the preflight problem, but I checked anyway why I was doing my inspections. :cool:

Il88pp:

After checking my settings and configs and version types, I have come to the conclusion that my problem lies with the settings between the different add-ons I installed. One being the airport and the other being the Planes. So it looks like I’m back to square one on this problem.

I thought maybe, it’s both and may well be because the planes I frequently use remain in preflight in stock airports. And the stock planes remain in preflight in the upgraded airport.

I am still leaning to the fact that the front wheel distance has more to do with it than the plane parking or airport. I have check that everything is as it should be according to the wingspan and the location of parking with or without jetways. When I load a flight in (be it at a stock or add-on airport) The AI are mostly too far forward in comparison to the centre of the parking space. I expect their front-wheel to be on the T mark and not between the T and the push cart, or even on top of the push cart fork. :eek:

As I have already been told, I expect too much of the Simulator and need to set my configs according to my system capabilities. Changing all the wingspan, parking spots radius or both is not only confusing but not the way the product was intended to work I don’t think.

It’ not that I can’t enjoy the simulator, it’s the little things that reminds me it’s not “As real as it gets” (Microsoft Flight Simulator 98) logo.

Mealone :pilot:

The tug location is a byproduct of the parking spot radius, has nothing to do with the plane.

If the jetway never connects to the plane it is usually one of two things.

1) The plane does not have the exits correctly defined in the aircraft.cfg

2) The parking spot is too far forward in relationship to the jetway. The jetways can extend quite a bit, they cannot "shorten" themselves and will not connect to a plane if the exit is too close to the jetway.

The parking T is a visual element only and has zero effect on how FS operates. The parking spot has a reference point, as does the airplane. When airplanes spawn at a parking spot they do so with their RefPt at the RefPt of the parking spot.

The same model of plane made by two different designers can have different RefPt in comparison to the nose wheel. While one might have the nose wheel line up with a T, the other will not. FS has no mechanism to accommodate for this.

Planes that taxi in after landing will attempt to stop with their RefPt over the parking spot RefPt, this does not always happen. You can often see these AI parked with the nose wheel not on the center line.

Departing AI that get hung up in Preflight are usually waiting for fuel. When you first load the sim this can get really bad as there is an initial rush of AI trying to depart.

Try testing with Advanced Animations off and see if it is any better.

If you add fuel truck to airports, do not stack their parking spots next to each other. Only one of them will actually work. The trick is to spread them out around the airport.

FS was never designed to handle the large amounts of AI some people throw at it. Getting it all to work can take some time. Time that I personally would rather spend flying.

Remember, it is a flight simulator, not an airport simulator.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Hello Bean,

Thanks for the reply post! As I mentioned in my initial post (somewhere) “I tweak the settings in the cfg file when I make my first flight, or when I notice faults when taking the plane out on a quick flight”. As you have gathered by now, I’m particular about certain thing in games, Sims and programs. If I’m in a FPS game and I suddenly walk through walls, or on water, the game won’t last long on my pc. Simulators are (for me anyhow) a fantasy world where I can live the dream. Flight Sim has been part of my life for more than thirty years and I still enjoy every second I can make free for it. If there was a way to relive my life, A first class Pilot I would be, for sure!

Exits: check

Wheels: on the ground not under or levitating.

Lights: All set to the exact location

Smoke system: You wouldn’t believe the settings I’ve come across (not that I use it)

I make sure every plane that has a different MDL or air file has its own folder, but I rather download repaints than complete planes. (Unless (in this case) having multiple paints and an updated VS cockpit and engines) Whoo-hoo!

Your right about the Jetway, if parked too close the Jetway goes into vibrating mode. Parked too far however, it would extend far beyond its limit, then you get the centre block floating in mid-air. :rolleyes:

I know I go on a bit about airports and their use in FS, but it is all part of the realism. If it wasn’t for those, you would just switch off after a 2.5 hour flight instead of going through the landing procedure, taxiing and parking without causing damage and collisions.

The T is just paint on the floor, I know it’s not the actual Refpt. As you say ‘the Tug location regarding the radius’ that is why I thought ‘maybe the radius is too small’ and made it slightly bigger, didn’t help.

Adding a fuel: I always follow specific instructions as to not ‘muck it up’, never made a fuel-park…. Add one to the GA and one for the Airlines. Tried making one for the Helipad once, ended up placing a trigger.

I agree it’s a FLIGHT Simulator and it’s for flying, Bought Airport 2014 when it came out! IT also ended up in the same place as ‘The Sims’ games. Out of sight and mind. :o

Try testing with Advanced Animations off and see if it is any better. Like I said in my first post “switching off is an option, not a fix”. I can also just uninstall the airports to get the boring stock and use only American planes to fly round Europe. It’s not what I asked for. Sorry, I wasn’t trying to drag you down at all. (your quote) ;) lol

Let’s see, what was the question again? :confused:Hmm … Ah yes Preflight: No fuel is ok too!

AI request fuel: They do it almost instantly when parking, why then the need for fuel before take-off? They must have it written down somewhere how much they need for their return flight surely! ;)

Anyway thanks for that!

That's true.

But even the other planes parked with no jetway are stuk. I did an experiment a few days ago. Started the fsx, then went for a shower, made some dinner ...ect, was AFK for atleast four hours. When I finally returned the 56 parking spaced airport was full. Planes landed and parked, but none left, except for the GA.

I'm starting to think it's a fault that can't be fixed. It's a shame! :(

Archived