Has anyone updated to v4.5?

Kirk

I've been running v4.4 with bunches of Orbx scenery, several 3rd party GA, and Active Sky, and have no problems with it *knocks on wood*. I'm usually pretty good about installing software and OS updates... except when it comes to my flight sim stuff. From reading posts here and elsewhere online since picking up this hobby almost 6 months ago, flight sim stability seems to balance on a razor's edge and the thought of throwing mine all off kilter for a minor update scares the holy you-know-what out of me.

I'm wondering if anyone has updated to 4.5 and what your experience has been?

Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

Hello,

First some words about my PC config : I have a dual boot and on system 2 I always have a P3D BASIC ( no addons) and I first update this system 2 so that I can check what is in the new folders and compare with the folders content of the P3d on system 1.

4.5 Installed, I had No problems . I started with the client and tested = all OK.

After I checked what was changed in the content … and so on. ...

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10 Pro X64

Thanks so much for the info, guys. I appreciate you sharing.
Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

I have installed the new 4.5 Client and Content without any issues. I also have a lot of ORBX addons, but I have not noticed any fps loss at all. I just haven't taken the time to download the new Scenery because it doesn't look like there was much change that affects me. I do however highly recommend using an MD5 checksum utility to make sure your download from Prepar3d is complete, accurate and not corrupt.

Jack T.

MSI Z370 SLI Plus, i7-9700k, 32 Gb DDR4 3600 MHz memory, PNY RTX 4070Ti

Done on five systems so far. Including my own. Seems to be working fine - apart from the drop in FPS reported by certain individuals.

Doesn't seem to affect mine, but have adopted (for the first time) unlimited FPS on slider settings.

Anywho, Hotfix incoming will only be for v4.5, so why wouldn't you change?

Anywho, Hotfix incoming will only be for v4.5, so why wouldn't you change?

Yup. Also several installs with no issues. Also installed the scenery module. Don't know if it's my imagination but the colors seem crisper.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

I gave 4.5 a go before realizing that ActiveSky needs an update to work with it. I ended up going back to 4.4 until AS is updated. I did notice a slight FPS drop while using 4.5 but I also noticed that the major stutters I have in several areas near my home airport in 4.4 are not there in 4.5. So I'm certainly looking forward to being able to move on up.

AS was updated the day 4.5 was released.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Yup. Also several installs with no issues. Also installed the scenery module. Don't know if it's my imagination but the colors seem crisper.

Vic

Check with the Change Resolution settings in NVIDIA Control Panel. Scroll the page down - check the settings are:

Output Colour Depth - 12 bpc

Output Colour format - RGB

Output Dynamic Range - Full

AS was updated the day 4.5 was released.

Vic

It's in beta though.

That's been HiFi's methodology for years now. They'll release several betas and then the rc but with HiFi, the beta is just as good as the rc. Usually just minor tweaks before release. There will probably be one or two more betas before rc. I've been using it with no issues.

P3D Rig

Thanks, vgbaron, for that info. I might give it another go then with the HiFi beta update.

Will I loose all my addon scenery and aircraft if I update to 4.5? What is the best way to update?

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Will I loose all my addon scenery and aircraft if I update to 4.5? What is the best way to update?

Can't answer that question on information provided:

1: are all addon scenery and aircraft added in accordance with P3D 4.5 SDK?

2: What scenery and aircraft have you added?

Basically, anything added using the .xml method and installed outside of the main P3D folder will be safe. If you have mistakenly installed aircraft to the main SimObjects folder they are NOT safe, but should be OK. Same for scenery: Anything installed to main Scenery folder is NOT safe, but again should be OK.

Anything modifying core files will need reinstallation.

FTX/ORBX only needs re-verification in FTX Central, library re-verified and the migration files re-run.

Finally, it all depends on WHAT you install? Client and Content will NOT affect scenery; Client, Content and Scenery amounts to a full reinstall and will require reinstallation if anything that shouldn't be there is there, such as FSX scenery ported-over...

Oh Yeah! If it hasn't happened already, your update will almost certainly cost you several of your default P3D planes! For a start, say goodbye to any Textron product such as those great Beechcraft. :mad::mad:
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Not only that we lost several of the ORIGINAL planes in the 4.3 to 4.4 update. I don't think the 4.5 update provides any substitutes.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

According to L-M, they were asked by Textron to remove Textron's "intellectual property", which included the Beechcraft aircraft, from P3D.

Textron owns Beechcraft, so that is a perfectly legal step to take. Maybe I am just simply-minded, but I always thought that these aircraft were good advertising for Beechcraft.

You see the same situation in model railroading, where several trade mark owners have asked the model RR manufacturers to remove their liveries from their model RR cars.

Completely un-understandable to me.

Jorgen

According to L-M, they were asked by Textron to remove Textron's "intellectual property", which included the Beechcraft aircraft, from P3D.

Textron owns Beechcraft, so that is a perfectly legal step to take. Maybe I am just simply-minded, but I always thought that these aircraft were good advertising for Beechcraft.

You see the same situation in model railroading, where several trade mark owners have asked the model RR manufacturers to remove their liveries from their model RR cars.

Jorgen

Got to give the Legal Department something to do in between liquid lunches...:rolleyes:

Jorgen

Legally justified maybe, but rather petty when they get a little free advertising. And why can't LM provide a substitute - they were the goopher?

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

LM strangely enough does not make a/c for the sim. All the models that didn't come from FSX are provided by third parties.

Vic

P3D Rig

..... but rather petty .....

May be they thought with it in the sim they would get negative remarks like yours. About their company, their aircraft, etc.

Remarks that reflect badly on their company, even though those remarks are not about the wonderful actual aircraft that Beechcraft makes so well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

H Folks,

Hah - as a Beechcraft owner - I did write an email expressing my displeasure at their decision and mentioned the advertising aspect as well - of course I received no response - LOL... They’re not really Beechcraft anymore...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by scottb613
bJQZKiw.png