Antonov AN-3 Turbo version

hjwalter

Hi all,

I recently downloaded the very well made turbo engined Antonov An-3 from a Russian site and am very impressed with the (group of) author's workmanship. However, the equally well made panel has very many (nostalgic) switches, knobs, etc. and some of them have Russian captions, while the included and explanatory "readme" file is in Russian as well.

I've tried all the switches and the standard engine starting keyboard procedures but just cannot get the engine to start, in any case for some initial flight testing before permanently including it in my collection.

Does any of you know of an English, Dutch or German panel tutorial for this beautiful aircraft and where I would be able to get hold of a copy ?

Thanks in advance for any trouble taken.

Regards.

Hans

• 1 month later...

Good morning Mr. Hans

here is the fix for it.

I do NOT understand why the designer can make this mistake in his XML coding.

It has to do with a Gauge he is using in the NORMAL Cockpit and this STUPIDITY of having this Crap in his Virtual Cockpit.

To fix it do the following as I show here in the Panel.CFG file in the [Vcockpit01] Section:

[Vcockpit01]

file=$An3PanelLeft.bmp

size_mm=1024,1024

visible=1

window_size= 1.000, 1.000

pixel_size=1024,1024

texture=$An3PanelLeft

window_pos= 1.000, 1.000

gauge38=An3Gau!An3TabloRazryd, 745,411,38,58

;gauge39=An3Gau!An3FuelSwVC, 607,210,126,98

gauge40=An3Gau!An3ControlBIP, 332,99,18,18

Get Rid of Line 39 by inserting a semicolon (:) or double (//)

Hope it helps you.

There is still the function available in the "Normal Cockpit".

I do NOT understand that the designer made this error in his XML Coding.

The so Called L-Type definitions are GLOBAL for the TOTAL of "That, His" airplane.

What happens the gauge in the Normal Cockpit says ON while the gauge in the VC uses the same Nomenclature of naming and therefore his logic switch the Fuel Off AND Than you are done !!!

PERIOD , no chance to start the engine again.

I am scarce on time , have to fix my Antique car and it took me 5 hours to find this incorrect programmed gauge, used in the normal cockpit and the IDIOTIZED VC Crap.

I as a REAL Pilot can NOT understand how anybody can fly in the VC CRAP environment.

It is UNREAL , this is NOT what you have in an real plane.

By the way I built my own High Performance plane and was my own test pilot ...

Thank you very much.

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

Pls answer me at my email please : gkcherry11@t-online.de

Thanks G. Kirchstein for your reaction, it did in fact help, at the very least to get the engine started and to actually fly this extremely well made aircraft ... but ... a flight manual preferrably in English, is sorely needed so that operating this more modern icon of a Russian aircraft can really be enjoyed to the fullest.

Fondest regards.

Hans

Capt Flappers,

You are absolutely correct ..... BUT ..... the supplied "manual" is not really a manual at all, only some pics and a few lines of info in the Russian language about each pic.

The aircraft itself has a very complex analogue panel with, e.g. whole rows of mysterious switches, etc. while being able to start the engine from the panel, getting all the electricals and other necessary flight functions, etc. to work correctly, remains (as yet) impossible due to the lack of a (translateable) operations manual or even a simple panel description.

I keep finding it rather strange that the developers have gone through such a massive amount of work to produce this wonderful aircraft but seem to have "forgotten" to produce anything which even resembles a manual.

Such a pity.

Hans

Hi All,

I downloaded this AN-3 a second time and to my great surprise a manual in Russian was now actually present. However, it of cause remains possible that I did something wrong the first time round and which caused the manual to disappear. In any case my apologies to the original developers.

I'll now try, as Capt Flappers suggests, to get this manual translated and will then try to proceed further from there.

In the meantime I've managed to get this realistic and well flying bird into the air and eventually to land it correctly but quite a lot still needs to be done to the original panel because, e.g. some instruments do not (yet) seem to want to work and some new additions seem necessary.

Regards

Hans