Samsung SyncMaster 2243 22"

In Folder FSX\Addon Scenery

AI-Aircraft

FreeMeshX-North America

In Folder FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

In Folder FSX\Scenery

Only Stock FSX files

Any airport where elevation is 0 to 200 ft (KJAX Jacksonville FL) the grass, trees look out of place and water appears everywhere.

This is not true of other airports of higher elevation (KBNA Nashville, TN)

2 pics attached

Anybody?

20170420092531_1.jpg20170420092542_1.jpg20170420092531_1.jpg20170420092542_1.jpg

I would check the scenery priority order or something to do with the shader's cache.

To fix the "square phenomena" probably related to your ORBX stuff, and to enjoy

all the visual effects only possible on DX10, take a look at Steve's DXfixer. Not very

expensive and, for GA pilots, the addition of shadows in cockpit, worth it.

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

• 1 month later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread but the search brought it up and I have the same problem.

I just bought Orbx EU England and it installed via the FTX Central 3, I go in FSX and the scenery is awful, squares everywhere with no detail it's just a mess.

So going off the above comments removing Orbx and delete the shader cache, then I presume I can then install Orbx again, what a pain, it took ages to download and install so do I have to go through all that again?

I found 2 shader files one was called 'Shaders' and the other 'Shaders10' I backed them up and moved them out then restarted FSX but still had the squares and water problem.

So then I went in the scenery settings and disabled the Orbx files, then the squares had gone but back to the default scenery.

The Orbx files were right at the top of the file order by the way, I went on the Orbx forum but couldn't find any posts relating to my problem, plus if I went on and asked it meant having to register.

I'm on a pension and bought this software then have to go through all this trouble to get it to work, so far I'm not happy with Orbx even though I've seen all these nice pictures and read comments of how good it is.

You know Colin, software usually works on 'most systems'. That's reassuring as long as you're not one of the other systems. :-)

I don't know if the original poster solved the issue with a reinstall as stated above.

It's always a disappointment when something doesn't work and turns into a drama to get it working. Fact is that right now you can't enjoy ORBX, so basically you have nothing to loose. I'd just go for it. It can only get better.

Keep in mind that usually software problems can always be solved in the end. Good luck mate and please keep us posted!

Grtz., Hans

You will need to have ORBX regions at the bottom of your scenery library just above the default entries. Click on the entry and over on the sidebar click "move down" until they are all (in the same order they are in right now) just above the default entries.

Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://gac16.blogspot.com/

FTX Central 3 gives the option to move all Orbx entries to a selectable location in one operation. Less time consuming.

It's somewhere in the options. Can look it up later if you want.

The location you propose (just above default) is in my opinion also the best one.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Just out of interest this is how the files are in the scenery folder:

They were labelled in the scenery folder:

FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY (Priority1)

FTX_EU_ENG_06_CVX (Priority2)

FTX_EU_ENG_07_MESH (Prioriy3)

FTX_EU_ENG_08_CUSTOM (Priority4)

If I just disable CUSTOM and leave the others the squares go but the scenery stays as default.

Reading ryapad post has me confused a bit, I thought they had to be at the top like they are now.

What ryapad is referring to is the order that they appear in the FSX scenery setting page listing and not in the actual folder - by default the folder view will be alphabetically so the listing, as provided by you is correct.

I don't have any Orbx/FTU products but, based on my experience of other such products, you may by able to resolve the issue by only moving the _MESH entry below the other FTU entries so that they appear as follows in the FSX settings listing:

FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY

FTX_EU_ENG_06_CVX

FTX_EU_ENG_08_CUSTOM

FTX_EU_ENG_07_MESH

If that doesn't fully resolve the issue try placing the _custom entry above all of them so it looks as follows:

FTX_EU_ENG_08_CUSTOM

FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY

FTX_EU_ENG_06_CVX

FTX_EU_ENG_07_MESH

As a more general rule of thumb, mesh and other types of landclass/terrain files should always be below any general scenery that it part of and ideally as low down the list as possible but above the default scenery entries - these entries depend on what version of FSX you have and are Addon Scenery (FSX Standard/Deluxe) or Edwards AFB (FSX w/Accel).

Regards

Brian

Hi Col,

Happy to help......

An observation (had me thinking cap on since typing the post) - just to clarify what I (and you) said....

If the (Priority #) statements are part of the file naming convention and not added by you then I would leave them in the order given but place them low down in the list....

Regards

Brian

Yes, you MUST have the libraries installed. But, the good news is that they are FREE. Just tell FTXC3 to install them. Also, don't fool around changing the scenery order. The FTXC3 installer will put everything in the right place automatically....Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Archived