Here we go again! Not my fault, and I can prove it!

peer01

I was enjoying a short flight over the beautiful Orbx Oregon scenery, from Elma Mun. (East of Bowerman) to Westport / 14S, West of Bowerman) Conditions were perfect, a great low & slow experience with my beautifully preserved de Havilland 80. I waved at he girls, and showed some perfect and impressive airman ship. It all went very well until my appearance at Westport. As you will see, it looks like a very low level conspiracy:

Please click on the pics to enlarge:

01.jpg

I was a bit worried about the tall trees just in front of the runway..

02.jpg

Almost cutting the tree tops, but a von Peerhoven has no fear and acts like a pro.

03.jpg

As you see, this will be an epic landing

04.jpg

More skilled pilots visit this little field

05.jpg

I must say, there's a lot of weed on the runway....

06.jpg

Whoa, look at this on the runway........ this will cause expensive noises......

07.jpg

Oooooooh....

08.jpg

:mad: Here we go again....

09.jpg

You see! I don't believe it! :mad: Sigh.....

10.jpg

It was my first visit there, there was no cross on the runway, I didn't receive any Notam, so DON't blame me! YES!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh! That's where I left those things! Thanks for finding them for me. :)

Sorry about all the expensive noises. I see you found Hardy's hole as well.

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt8/MovieJoe/silver/bronze/Platinum/diamond/sagebrush/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalh.jpg

Since you did me a favor, no charge for the plane wash this time. :rolleyes: -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Well, I have heard of 'Pushing Up Daisys', but this looks ridiculous! You 'Landed Long' alright! Long time, and right into the marsh you were left! Ha.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hey Jan!! Looks like you're in trouble again!! If you wish, Klee and I will start on another trek to rescue you! I well remember we made many barkeeps happy on your tab last year!!:p

BTW: I just re-read your first missive here. I think it may provide a clue as to way you found the runway blocked. I quote "I waved at he girls, and showed some perfect and impressive airman ship. It all went very well until my appearance at Westport." Perhaps the "he girls" girlfriends weren't happy a guy was waving at their dates and committed a little mischief!! ;)

Rupert

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I took a look at the images, I think if we remove the wings to lighten the load, a simple Ford pickup should be able to pull the plane out of the water. after that, repairs will become the tricky part. the engine will no doubt need to be completely replaced.. and who knows on the aircraft skin. that plane will probably have to be grounded for a while to check and repair the damages and check and clean off corrosion caused by the water. But, she is recoverable. (speaking as a realist)

1+1=cow :p

"WE jumped out a WINdow!" -Baymax (from Big Hero 6)

oops

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

It has the tale of a whale.....:eek: This happened years ago and was only a minor incident. Wasn't even on the news. There was an airfield on the map I had. So not my fault.

Rupert, that is a possibility. It's not always easy to be a handsome young airman. But I think they hadn't enough time to fix that.

Patrick: that's not a very positive message you gave me. I think they can re-shape the prop a little, leave the cabin doors open during a day or three and place a fan next to the engine. That's how I repaired the last five planes. This was not my plane btw, borrowed it from a friend!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it has the tale of a whale.....:eek: This happened years ago and was only a minor incident. Wasn't even on the news. There was an airfield on the map i had. So not my fault.

Rupert, that is a possibility. It's not always easy to be a handsome young airman. But i think they hadn't enough time to fix that.

Patrick: That's not a very positive message you gave me. I think they can re-shape the prop a little, leave the cabin doors open during a day or three and place a fan next to the engine. That's how i repaired the last five planes. This was not my plane btw, borrowed it from a friend!

Note to Everyone!! Don't loan your plane to His Peerness unless you have underwater aircraft insurance!!!!

Jan, are you in trouble?? Again I say Klee and I will be more than happy to depart to wherever you are to provide assistance, assuming of course that you'll pay the bar tab(s)!!

Michael (AKA Rupert)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

A von Peerhoven is never in trouble! There are always friends nearby willing to assist. Like you. If you decide to come over, please bring some pizza's. Extra cheese please. Oh, and some bottles of wine. And a new plane will you? Looking forward to that. The new plane I mean. :rolleyes:
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Listen: I really hoped I would get some support here! :mad: I got bills for the tow truck, new underwear, calibrating all instruments, etc. etc. TSK!

I could have sworn that I heard Peerhovens didn't wear underwear, at least not while flying anyway.:)

Perfect landing BTW, and they are still looking for you around the Bahamas. Seems you skipped the bill for the crane that lifted the wrecked plane.:mad:

Archived