• Review: Accu-Sim V35B Beechcraft Bonanza

    External

    Loading the aircraft and taking a look at the model itself I found as I also expected, a very detailed and beautiful rendition of the V-tailed Bonanza. The model features lots of unique and realistic details and for sure awesome eye candy everywhere I looked.

    A2A Simulations Accu-Sim V35B Bonanza

    Everything from the sharp and pointy spinner to the fuselage, the wings and wing roots and of course the famous and unique and distinctive tail section is beautifully modeled and covered with high quality, multi-layer textures featuring a polished look of an old aircraft that shows signs of wear and tear - beautiful and very authentic for sure.

    The various metal plates including all the rivets, the various markings and labels, etc. are all nicely included in the textures and all this absolutely does provide a greater and enhanced visual experience of this classic bird. The model stands out as being very true to real life and very authentic with a great and realistic appearance.

    A2A Simulations Accu-Sim V35B Bonanza     A2A Simulations Accu-Sim V35B Bonanza

    The model also features numerous animations like door, gear and gear suspension, control surfaces (elevator, aileron and rudder), flaps, trims, etc. All animations are created very life-like with a realistic motion and it seems like A2A has really put a lot of focus in creating this aircraft as realistic as possible. As far as I know A2A actually also had or maybe still have this aircraft in their real world hangar, and this in my opinion increases the trust towards A2A for really going into deep detailing for the pleasure of the sim pilots.

    A2A Simulations Accu-Sim V35B Bonanza     A2A Simulations Accu-Sim V35B Bonanza

    Setting the focus on the effects for this model, then certainly there are also added various effects like the lights, the propeller and the smoke when starting up the engine. There is also a light shake effect of the aircraft when the engine starts up but this is quickly over when the engine is running at idle.

    The lights are crystal clear and feature a warm and realistic bright shine that certainly is very enjoyable viewing the aircraft at night time. The smoke effect is only when starting the engine which provides a small but fair amount of relatively dense smoke which very quickly is blown away by the propeller - if you throttle up and down rapidly and get the engine to choke, you will also experience small bursts of smoke coming from the engine exhausts just below the cockpit.

    A2A Simulations Accu-Sim V35B Bonanza

    The propeller effect is good and fair with a realistic look to it and I of course like that by increasing the rpms the propeller also changes visually - not much but enough for it to be good and realistic.


    12 Comments
    1. scottm's Avatar
      scottm -
      It's pretty awesome.
    1. ianhr's Avatar
      ianhr -
      There is a bungee system in the real aircraft, replicated in this model, that interlinks the ailerons and rudder so that standard aileron-only turns are already coordinated and don't require rudder input to correct for adverse yaw. If you move the rudder on the ground you'll see the ailerons move with it, and vice versa.

      Otherwise, I heartily agree with everything you've said. Amazing plane, worth every penny.
    1. RaysAviation's Avatar
      RaysAviation -
      Quote Originally Posted by ianhr View Post
      There is a bungee system in the real aircraft, replicated in this model, that interlinks the ailerons and rudder so that standard aileron-only turns are already coordinated and don't require rudder input to correct for adverse yaw. If you move the rudder on the ground you'll see the ailerons move with it, and vice versa.

      Otherwise, I heartily agree with everything you've said. Amazing plane, worth every penny.
      Hi,
      Ok that makes sense and do explain the ‘missing’ result of the secondary effect using the ailerons.
      I did not know that - thanks for the input 👍
      /Ray
    1. DominicS's Avatar
      DominicS -
      Great review Ray; really informative, and thanks for taking the time to write this all up.

      Dominic
    1. lear45xr's Avatar
      lear45xr -
      Nope. $50 to $100. Way overpriced. I'm sure it's a great model but these developers are way off if they think this is worth $50 let alone 100 bucks. They just continue to price most people like me out of the market. Where's the value anymore. As I've said before, make it a fair and reasonable price because "price sells".
    1. ianhr's Avatar
      ianhr -
      Quote Originally Posted by lear45xr View Post
      Nope. $50 to $100. Way overpriced. I'm sure it's a great model but these developers are way off if they think this is worth $50 let alone 100 bucks. They just continue to price most people like me out of the market. Where's the value anymore. As I've said before, make it a fair and reasonable price because "price sells".
      Absolutely. And I wish car companies like Aston Martin, Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW, Rolls, Bentley, et al. would get the message too. They'd sell so many more cars.

      Most of my A2A aircraft have well over 200 hours on them, some over 1,000. That's a pretty good hourly rate for an experience that's darned near as immersive as the real thing. You get what you pay for.
    1. DominicS's Avatar
      DominicS -
      At the end of the day, nobody is forcing you to buy this aircraft (there are plenty of cheaper alternatives, even freeware), but if you head on over to the A2A forums, you'll find that they are pretty healthy in terms of numbers, so I'm guessing they're doing something right :-)

      The comment above is spot on in my opinion. You get what you pay for, and like him, the majority of my A2A aircraft have hundreds of hours on them.

      Fantastic team which produces incredible aircraft!
    1. fsblibli's Avatar
      fsblibli -
      I wrote a review on it for a German flightsim magazine. Thanks for describing the difficult handling on takeoff. I still wonder if this is realistic because it would have terribliy frightened any pilot. Otherwise a most excellent airplane. Yes, the bungee system is described in the 112 page manual. It's excellent but I only finished it all because I needed a good read on a holiday.
    1. smokin's Avatar
      smokin -
      First, thanks to Ray Andersen for the review.

      I doubt that a retired man like me will make a dent, however I've definitely made my mind up. Because of the amount of junk-ware residing on my computer, no longer will I support FSX/P3D developers, and these prices, without consumer protection in place.

      Consumer refund protection.

      Endit
    1. lear45xr's Avatar
      lear45xr -
      Quote Originally Posted by smokin View Post
      First, thanks to Ray Andersen for the review.

      I doubt that a retired man like me will make a dent, however I've definitely made my mind up. Because of the amount of junk-ware residing on my computer, no longer will I support FSX/P3D developers, and these prices, without consumer protection in place.

      Consumer refund protection.

      Endit
      That's another great option, offer a refund if you feel you didn't get value for your hard earned purchase price. If these developers are so sure their software is worth these inflated prices it shouldn't be a problem.
    1. axehead91's Avatar
      axehead91 -
      Don't you guys think it's funny that as accurate as a2a is that they can't see the main gear tires? Are they blind, not the first time I have seen this. Carenado A36 did a wonderful job of modeling the tires width and overall fatness. What a joke anyone can google it. First flight was in a v35 about 20 years ago.
    1. ianhr's Avatar
      ianhr -
      Quote Originally Posted by axehead91 View Post
      Don't you guys think it's funny that as accurate as a2a is that they can't see the main gear tires? Are they blind, not the first time I have seen this. Carenado A36 did a wonderful job of modeling the tires width and overall fatness. What a joke anyone can google it. First flight was in a v35 about 20 years ago.
      Oh dear, you're serious. I've found 11 different 7.00-6 tires on the Aircraft Spruce site, so perhaps there are differences there. I must admit, though, that apart from checking the tires' condition in the walk-round I've never paid much attention to them.
  • Recent Forum Activity

    peer01

    IL-12 "Ringway Air" leaving Prestwick

    Thread Starter: peer01

    JBK's IL-12 wearing Colin's "Ringway Air" livery, leaving Prestwick on a calm and hazy summer evening. FSX Gold Edition incl. Acceleration...

    Last Post By: peer01 Today, 05:52 AM Go to last post
    Sascha66

    Enhanced TinMouse Boeing 737-200 Adv with virtual cockpit for FS2004

    Thread Starter: Sascha66

    Just uploading to the library, a comprehensive enhancement for the TinMouse 737-200 TMECBK 737-200Adv VC adaption by Björn Kesten. You can get the...

    Last Post By: peer01 Today, 05:40 AM Go to last post
    adamb

    Some old classics

    Thread Starter: adamb

    Orbx REXSF Besides me that is. :mad:

    Last Post By: peer01 Today, 05:19 AM Go to last post
    Billd

    RealSimGear GNS 530 and DIAGMA GNS 530 units for sale.

    Thread Starter: Billd

    (1) RealSimGear GNS 530 and (1) DIAGMA GNS 530 unit. I have had the RealSimGear unit about 6 months and the DIAGMA unit about 8 months. I have...

    Last Post By: Billd Today, 04:36 AM Go to last post