Now available from Just Flight is Service Pack 4.
- Autopilot re-coded for improved usability
- Fuel system re-coded for improved usability (refer to manual for more information)
- Manual PDF updated to reflect changes to software since release
- New ADI/HSI added
- Air start interlock simulated. Engines are started with external power or with cross-bleed if at least one engine is already started.
- Auto-start (Ctrl+E) better supported
- Hydraulic brake pressure gauge needle disappears at night - FIXED
- More viewpoints added, virtual cockpit viewpoints improved
- Right emergency bus fail light illuminates with #4 generator off - FIXED
- Altitude alerter value now increments in 100ft steps for improved usability
- 21000/22000ft markings missing from altimeter - FIXED
- Outside air temperature gauge not lit at night - FIXED
- Mach meter gauge not lit at night - FIXED
- First-officer mach meter not working - FIXED
- Weather radar display missing on DC-8-12 variant - FIXED
- Fuel gauge texture issues at night - FIXED
- Exhaust gas temperature (EGT) gauges stuck at zero value - FIXED
- RMI needles reversed - FIXED
- EPR bugs missing - FIXED
- Hour hand on clock not working - FIXED
- VOR selection switch on First-officer HSI not animated - FIXED
- Flap position indicator needle going off-scale with electrical power removed - FIXED
- DME indication windows - FIXED
- DC-8-12 variant appearing too small in preview window - FIXED
- Barometric pressure setting on altimeter showing fractional value - FIXED
- Radio altimeter has no upper limit - FIXED
- Fuel temperature selector clickspot logic - FIXED
- Smoke detector selector clickspot logic - FIXED
- Voltage & frequency selector clickspot logic - FIXED
- Battery/external power switch clickspot logic - FIXED
- DC-8-32 SAS has multiple entries in aircraft.cfg - FIXED
- Yaw damper not working - FIXED
- No fuel flow when starting engines - FIXED
- Landing light switch logic improved
- Discrepency between RMIs - FIXED
- Auxillary hydraulic pump not generating pressure - FIXED
- Navigator's altimeter missing barometric setting - FIXED
Just Flight - DC-8 Jetliner Series
This collection of early DC-8 models combines all the very latest modelling and texturing techniques with accurate flight dynamics to bring you an authentic simulation of this iconic aircraft!
The DC-8 was one of the first commercial jet airliners to enter service. The four-engine narrow-body airliner featured advanced aerodynamic and structural designs resulting in a very reliable, comfortable and efficient aircraft.
DC-8 Jetliner features the DC-8 Series 10 through to the Series 42. Every model is built over accurate factory standard plans and all feature the characteristic 'double bubble' fuselage, nose 'nostrils' and multi-pane cockpit glazing that make this aircraft so distinctive.
Many unique animations are built into each model, including retractable landing lights, opening pressure valve gate in the tail, rams and operating levers for the spoilers and flaps and,of course, the trim-adjustable flying horizontal/elevator tail assembly.
The landing gear is authentically modelled and animated with details such as springs and even detailed brake lines and wheel cylinders. Also included are the distinctive swivelling rear main undercarriage bogies which allowed the aircraft to make very tight turns when arriving at the terminals before the days of 'drive in' jetways.
Pre-flight flags, wheel chocks, a stewardess figure awaiting passengers at the rear door, and self-powered entry stairs all add to the authentic feel of this classic jetliner.
Cutting edge modelling and animation techniques are employed to show realistic wing flex and among the many special effects are the incredible smoke clouds and trails that these early DC-8 jets produced. You can even see reverse thrust smoke coming from the apertures in each engine when reverse thrust is applied.
The complex and authentic virtual cockpit has been built with authenticity in mind. Just the Engineer's station alone contains hundreds of realistically operating switches and dials for monitoring the engine, hydraulic, electrical and fuel systems. Just about every switch, lever and knob is operational and functional. Flight instruments can be set up just like the real thing, with adjustment knobs and setting controls for preset speed, height course and heading.
Two very realistic (and noisy!) sound sets are included for the Pratt and Whitney JT range of engines fitted to the -10, -12, -21 and -32 models with their very distinctive 'howling' air start and for the Rolls-Royce Conway turbofans fitted to the -40 version.