• Review: Just Flight - Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer

    BAe Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer

    Publisher: Just Flight

    Review Author:
    Ray Andersen

    Suggested Price:
    $44.99

    Buy Here Just Flight BAe Hawk here

    Just Flight - BAe Hawk T1/A for FSX - RAF

    Intro

    The Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer is a single engine, low wing, low cost, twin seat, advanced military jet powered trainer. The aircraft was originally built by Hawker Siddeley and later British Aerospace and BAe Systems. The first flight was completed on 21st of August 1974 and the Hawk was introduced already back in 1976 to the RAF as the successor to the Hawker Hunter.

    The twin seat configuration is a tandem configuration, providing the aircraft with a slim fuselage that perfectly fits the narrow Rolls-Royce Turbomeca Adour Mk. 151 twin-shaft turbofan engine which creates a dry thrust of 5,200 lbs (23.1Kn).

    Just Flight - BAe Hawk T1/A for FSX interior     Just Flight - BAe Hawk T1/A for FSX exterior

    Even though the aircraft is designed as a trainer aircraft, the T1 can be equipped to an operational level featuring two under-wing pylons for carrying AIM-9L Sidewinder missiles as well as one centerline Aden Mk 4 cannon. The aircraft has a max speed of 560 kts, a service ceiling of 48,000 ft, a range of 1310 nm and is a very agile military aircraft that has proved successfully as a trainer for now 40 years of service.

    General Information & Aircraft Specs

    BAe Hawk T1/A
    Produced by BAe Systems (Hawker Siddeley & British Aerospace)
    National Origin UK
    First Flight 21st of August 1974
    Introduction 1976
    Role Advanced Trainer
    Built 1,000+
    Successor of Hawker Hunter
    Status Active and in service
    Crew 2
    Length 39ft 3in (11.9m)
    Height 13ft 2in (4.0m)
    Wingspan 30ft 10in (9.4m)
    Wing Area 179.6 ft2 (16.7m2)
    Empty Weight 3,647 kg
    MTOW 5,700 kg
    Power Plant Rolls-Royce Turbomeca Adour Mk. 151 twin-shaft turbofan
    BAe Hawk T1/A
    VMO Max Speed 560kt (645mph) at 11,000ft
    MMO Mach 0.92 (autopilot disengaged)
    Cruise Speed 420kt
    Stall Speed #1 80 KIAS clean/100% fuel
    Stall Speed #2 70 KIAS gear down/full flaps
    Range 1,310nm (2,428km)
    Service Ceiling 48,000 ft
    Rate of Climb 9,300ft/min (2,835m(min)
    G-limits +8/-4


    Thanks to Jack's FSX Video


    12 Comments
    1. smoky's Avatar
      smoky -
      Any oxygen related issues with the O2 system?
    1. RaysAviation's Avatar
      RaysAviation -
      Quote Originally Posted by smoky View Post
      Any oxygen related issues with the O2 system?
      Hi Smoky,
      Anything particular issue you have encountered with the O2 system?

      Ray
    1. ant522's Avatar
      ant522 -
      The Hawk replaced the folland Gnat in the advanced training role also.
    1. lear45xr's Avatar
      lear45xr -
      Nice review Ray. Ignore smoky and his lame attempt at humor.
    1. graaant's Avatar
      graaant -
      Being a writer I'm always ready with quibbles, and here's one -- maybe directed more to Nels than Ray. When you state that the reviewer is "quite pleased" with the model, this sounds to me a bit like "nice try, but basically a flop," a sort of damning with faint praise. But if you read Page 7, the reviewer, with a small qualification or two, is clearly very pleased with the model, maybe delighted. That was basically my experience too, although the price seems high ...
    1. Nels_Anderson's Avatar
      Nels_Anderson -
      @graaant I don't understand your quibble about "quite pleased", given that the definition of "quite" is as follows:

      to the utmost or most absolute extent or degree; absolutely; completely.

      So to me "quite pleased" is the same as "pleased to the highest possible extent"; hardly faint praise.
    1. lear45xr's Avatar
      lear45xr -
      Quote Originally Posted by graaant View Post
      Being a writer I'm always ready with quibbles, and here's one -- maybe directed more to Nels than Ray. When you state that the reviewer is "quite pleased" with the model, this sounds to me a bit like "nice try, but basically a flop," a sort of damning with faint praise. But if you read Page 7, the reviewer, with a small qualification or two, is clearly very pleased with the model, maybe delighted. That was basically my experience too, although the price seems high ...
      Graaant you are exactly right, the price is to high. As it is on most of the aftermarket aircraft. A big factor on why the pirate sites do such a brisk business. I contend volume is the answer. Lower the price, sell to more users. We're looking for value. I'm certainly a lot more likely to pull the trigger on $15 than $30-40. I'm just sayin'
    1. thefrog's Avatar
      thefrog -
      I can't believe that customers are still hoping for 2D cockpit panels! Especially in an aircraft like this.
    1. flightman's Avatar
      flightman -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nels_Anderson View Post
      @graaant I don't understand your quibble about "quite pleased", given that the definition of "quite" is as follows:

      to the utmost or most absolute extent or degree; absolutely; completely.

      So to me "quite pleased" is the same as "pleased to the highest possible extent"; hardly faint praise.
      When people say "this book is quite good" it doesn't mean it's as good as it could be.

      The second online dictionary definition given as

      "to a noticeable or partial extent; somewhat: she's quite pretty."

      I don't doubt you meant it in the way you explained, but I would say it reads more like the second meaning, in other words "not as good as it could have been."

      "Quite" is quite ambiguous.
    1. RaysAviation's Avatar
      RaysAviation -
      Quote Originally Posted by flightman View Post
      When people say "this book is quite good" it doesn't mean it's as good as it could be.

      The second online dictionary definition given as

      "to a noticeable or partial extent; somewhat: she's quite pretty."

      I don't doubt you meant it in the way you explained, but I would say it reads more like the second meaning, in other words "not as good as it could have been."

      "Quite" is quite ambiguous.

      Hi all,

      Since the word "quite" seems to have removed the focus from the add-on, I will just clarify what I mend. (since it was me who wrote the review )

      I find the Hawk to be an excellent aircraft that is of a high quality = I like it a lot

      English is not my first language, so my apologies not being aware of the correct meaning of the word "quite" - I will be more careful using that word in my future reviews.


      Ray
    1. stretch's Avatar
      stretch -
      Yeah Ray...watch your language! LOL!
      Great Review!
    1. RaysAviation's Avatar
      RaysAviation -
      Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
      Yeah Ray...watch your language! LOL!
      Great Review!
      Thanks
  • Recent Forum Activity

    Jim Hall

    Fsx steam add-on

    Thread Starter: Jim Hall

    I just purchased FSX: Steam Academy on Instruments and see that it is in my library. Only I have no idea how to open it or use it. How may I get...

    Last Post By: Jim Hall Today, 10:39 AM Go to last post
    Trubshaw

    Dual install of FSX

    Thread Starter: Trubshaw

    Hello. I have just built a top end computer water cooled looking for 6 ghs on cpu. Dual boot W7andW10, I have two M2 pice evo drives each 232 gbs...

    Last Post By: loki Today, 10:31 AM Go to last post
    jedownen

    Need help! SCENERY.CFG file error.

    Thread Starter: jedownen

    I am getting an error msg at FSX start up. SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (Addon Scenery\SCENERY) in scenery Area.121 not found. ...

    Last Post By: longbreak754 Today, 10:23 AM Go to last post
    aharon

    All Green Flight From NZNV to NZWN

    Thread Starter: aharon

    Shalom and greetings all my pals, Presenting a nice all green flight from NZNV Invercargill Airport located 1 nautical mile west of the city...

    Last Post By: liner simpilot Today, 10:16 AM Go to last post
    okdaley

    FSX Performance in a Virtual Machine

    Thread Starter: okdaley

    FSX is known not to be able to optimize a multi-core system, lets say of 8,16,32 cores. What work has been done in building a VM that can use all...

    Last Post By: okdaley Today, 10:05 AM Go to last post