• Manfred/Visser C-47 V3 Beta Released

    UPDATE: now available for download directly from FlightSim.Com via this link:

    Douglas_C-47_V3_12_Beta.zip

    Manfred/Visser C-47 V3 Beta Released

    Long awaited Manfred/Visser C-47v3 released with vintage virtual cockpit.

    July 22--Jan Visser announced today that an upgraded version of Manfred Jahn's popular freeware Douglas C-47 for Flight Simulator X and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D is now available with an authentic vintage virtual cockpit and other improvements. A version that drops paratroopers is included.

    Under development since late 2013, the v3 beta release includes various external model upgrades including detailed 3D engines; a new flight model; new cockpit and engine sound sets; and a new interactive checklist with optional audio callouts. The development thread at sim-outhouse.com has accumulated over 1800 posts and 480,000 views.

    "Without a dedicated team of volunteers," Visser said, "this aircraft would never have gotten off the ground. Manfred's new monitor panel and checklist, Ted 'Tufun' Wolfgang's engine and cockpit sounds, and Daniel Gauthier's crew communications and interactive checklist are highlights, but many people cooperated to make this extraordinary aircraft available."

    The developers are located in Australia, Germany, The Netherlands, Switzerland, and the United States.

    This release is a public beta. Some features, like cockpit night lighting for FSX users and an interactive on-screen checklist for FSX and P3D, will be added soon in updates. Skins from v2 are compatible, but will require minor modifications to take advantage of enhancements. A paint kit and new bump map skins will also be available.

    The FSX and P3D compatible aircraft and pilot handbook can be downloaded free here.


    36 Comments
    1. mrzippy's Avatar
      mrzippy -
      I also posted this in the FSX Forum.
    1. leeholdridge's Avatar
      leeholdridge -
      Impossible to get on SOH website. I hope you might offer the package for download here.
    1. Nels_Anderson's Avatar
      Nels_Anderson -
      I would love to offer the file here, but we can only do that if the author allows it. They have not uploaded the file here...feel free to encourage them to do so.
    1. btwallis's Avatar
      btwallis -
      Why is it impossible to get on SOH, I did so and have the file and installed in my hanger?
    1. stans's Avatar
      stans -
      The SOH server is overwhelmed with hundreds of downloads of this aircraft. I expect SOH to be slow and maybe even inaccessible for a while.
    1. modelr's Avatar
      modelr -
      SOH has a rather small dedicated server, that can only accommodate about 500 logons at a time. It is presently overwhelmed. It has not crashed, yet, but is hard to get on. If you just keep refreshing the page, you will get on, and can usually do one download from the library. So choose well.
    1. hschuit's Avatar
      hschuit -
      Please upload the file directly here on Flightsim.com, the SOH site just cannot cope with the traffic.
    1. tr45's Avatar
      tr45 -
      Will be available soon in the library. The current file is "remote" linked to SOH servers.
    1. roach's Avatar
      roach -
      how do I get a panel to work in this?
    1. mrzippy's Avatar
      mrzippy -
      Quote Originally Posted by roach View Post
      how do I get a panel to work in this?
      By using what's provided! It's a VC only.
    1. scottharmes6's Avatar
      scottharmes6 -
      Hi. Actually it includes a vintage virtual cockpit, but the whole aircraft model is included in the download also.
    1. beana5's Avatar
      beana5 -
      The One most Important event in The FSX world..Revitalizing a very Old sim in many a year...Thnx to all those Who gave Us this wonderful gift..Labor of love!
    1. merre3's Avatar
      merre3 -
      Nice plane! My thanks to the designers!
    1. elitehow's Avatar
      elitehow -
      I can't get into the SOC server to post, so I will put my observations here. Great plane with fantastic flight model and graphics. But, the rotating beacon and panel lights do not work. I know where the switches are and they click when activated, but no light joy. Can't fly at night because the panel lights do not work. Also, no engine smoke at startup.
    1. merre3's Avatar
      merre3 -
      The VC is totally cool. I love the rattling landing 70 year old landing gear and the real VC. I feel at home in this plane.
    1. kanizsa's Avatar
      kanizsa -
      Payware quality, excellent dynamics, hopefully there will be more skins as the beta version matures into a final version.
    1. mrzippy's Avatar
      mrzippy -
      Quote Originally Posted by elitehow View Post
      I can't get into the SOC server to post, so I will put my observations here. Great plane with fantastic flight model and graphics. But, the rotating beacon and panel lights do not work. I know where the switches are and they click when activated, but no light joy. Can't fly at night because the panel lights do not work. Also, no engine smoke at startup.
      Use the L key for lights. Probably a case of switches in the cockpit need to be fixed. The rotating red beacon light on the tail does, in fact, work. Engine smoke can be brought back by downloading the C-47 V.2 and borrowing the fx_Cranky_DC3_TFF effect that got overwritten by a substitute that has no engine smoke in it.
    1. taslss's Avatar
      taslss -
      Just amazing. Simply one of the best yet. Better than my payware DC-3/C-47! Can't get enough of it. Really looking forward to some more DC-3/C-47 skins. Bravo Team! Take a bow.
    1. elitehow's Avatar
      elitehow -
      Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
      Use the L key for lights. Probably a case of switches in the cockpit need to be fixed. The rotating red beacon light on the tail does, in fact, work. Engine smoke can be brought back by downloading the C-47 V.2 and borrowing the fx_Cranky_DC3_TFF effect that got overwritten by a substitute that has no engine smoke in it.
      I have found that NONE of my aircraft have working rotating beacon lights. The light fixtures are there and the switches are on the panels and operate, but there is no light or moving beam showing from any of them. This includes all the default and add on aircraft. I have swaped my cfg file with a friends cfg that he says shows rotating beacons with no joy. I have deleted the cfg from the main P3D program and let it biild a new one and again no joy. Any thoughts?
      Thanks.
    1. mrzippy's Avatar
      mrzippy -
      Quote Originally Posted by elitehow View Post
      I have found that NONE of my aircraft have working rotating beacon lights. The light fixtures are there and the switches are on the panels and operate, but there is no light or moving beam showing from any of them. This includes all the default and add on aircraft. I have swaped my cfg file with a friends cfg that he says shows rotating beacons with no joy. I have deleted the cfg from the main P3D program and let it biild a new one and again no joy. Any thoughts?
      Thanks.
      If you were using FSX instead of P3D, I would say you are missing effects in your main Effects Folder. Is anyone else having beacon lights problems in P3D?

      The beacon light on the C-47 is in the model and is not part of [lights] in the aircraft.cfg.
  • Recent Forum Activity

    peer01

    Avro Lancastrian " Alitalia" Brescia-Geneva (FSX)

    Thread Starter: peer01

    The Avro 691 "Lancastrian" was a British / Canadan passenger and mail plane and was directly developed from the Lancaster bomber. The first flight...

    Last Post By: peer01 Today, 12:55 PM Go to last post
    engine70

    AAL a321 Boston - Miami

    Thread Starter: engine70

    I promise I don't always fly at dawn and dusk just because it look great, in fact my last few flights were during daytime hours, but here's some...

    Last Post By: DAVIDSTRAKA Today, 12:38 PM Go to last post
    DAVIDSTRAKA

    Around the World Leg 39

    Thread Starter: DAVIDSTRAKA

    Campo Dell' Oro (LFKJ) Ajaccio, France to Palese Macchie (LIBD) Bari, Italy PART 1 The Route:

    Last Post By: DAVIDSTRAKA Today, 12:33 PM Go to last post
    DAVIDSTRAKA

    Around the World Leg 37

    Thread Starter: DAVIDSTRAKA

    Tavaux (LFGJ) Dole, France to Schiphol (EHAM) Amsterdam, Netherlands PART 1 The Route:

    Last Post By: CRJ_simpilot Today, 12:33 PM Go to last post