• Review: Paro X

    FSDG Paro X

    Publisher: Aerosoft

    Review Author:
    Justin Cogo

    Suggested Price:
    $22.99

    Buy Here

    Paro X

    FSDG

    FSDG is a flight simulator development company created in 2012 that has put out some quality Flight Simulator add-ons that can stand up to other highly-detailed Flight Simulator add-ons.

    Paro Airport

    The Paro X add-on for Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D is a scenery of the high-altitude city Paro in Bhutan, nestled in a valley atop the Himalayas. The Paro airport sits at a high altitude within a narrow valley with closely rising terrain making it one of the most difficult airports in the world to fly to.

    Package Features

    • Fully accurate rendition of Paro airport with new terminal extension
    • Aerial imagery and custom scenery for Paro area with authentic models and landmarks
    • Ultra-realistic shadow and light rendition on all 3D objects and ground
    • Volumetric lights for supreme experience between dusk and dawn
    • Airport animations and custom road traffic
    • Optional runway lights
    • Optimized for great performance and visual quality
    • Compatible with all known add-ons
    • Includes manual with detailed information about the difficult approach procedures

    Airport Information

    • Airport Name: Paro Airport
    • Airport ID: PBH (VQPR)
    • Country: Bhutan
    • Location (Lat/Long): 27° 24'32"N - 089° 25'14"E
    • Altitude: 7,332 ft. / 2,235 m
    • Runway Length: 6,445 ft.

    Airport Location

    These three pictures should help you locate Paro in the world:

    Paro X     Paro X     Paro X

    Tags: aerosoft, paro, paro x

    6 Comments
    1. Rupert's Avatar
      Rupert -
      WOW!!! Just downloaded FSDG Paro. Much better scenery than stock & the correctness makes it even harder to land there. I made three landings so far in the stock Lear 45. I'm still not good enough here to enable crashes. I think that will take some time. Then I can move up to a bigger plane like the A319. I hope!

      This is one of the best FSX related products I've bought!
    1. jbob101's Avatar
      jbob101 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
      WOW!!! Just downloaded FSDG Paro. Much better scenery than stock & the correctness makes it even harder to land there. I made three landings so far in the stock Lear 45. I'm still not good enough here to enable crashes. I think that will take some time. Then I can move up to a bigger plane like the A319. I hope!

      This is one of the best FSX related products I've bought!
      It took me a few times to get one landing too! I'm so glad you like it. Another great thing about this airport is if you consider it as a gateway to other countries like Singapore, India and Thailand you can really make some awesome flights!
    1. graaant's Avatar
      graaant -
      Informative, compelling review, thanks.
    1. jbob101's Avatar
      jbob101 -
      Quote Originally Posted by graaant View Post
      Informative, compelling review, thanks.
      So glad you think so!
    1. Rupert's Avatar
      Rupert -
      Quote Originally Posted by jbob101 View Post
      It took me a few times to get one landing too! I'm so glad you like it. Another great thing about this airport is if you consider it as a gateway to other countries like Singapore, India and Thailand you can really make some awesome flights!
      BTW: I have a friend who flew into Paro from Katmandu. She was on a National Geographic trip to visit the temple there. I let her watch me land there with your program and she said it was close enough to make her nervous about landing there again. She believes they made the 15 approach.
    1. jbob101's Avatar
      jbob101 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
      BTW: I have a friend who flew into Paro from Katmandu. She was on a National Geographic trip to visit the temple there. I let her watch me land there with your program and she said it was close enough to make her nervous about landing there again. She believes they made the 15 approach.
      So cool! Now I have to go fly a few approaches!
  • Recent Forum Activity

    usb777

    Santa's Sleigh by Patrice Grange

    Thread Starter: usb777

    How do I get the sleigh bells and ho ho ho to work on Patrice Granges Santa's Sleigh? I had them working in previous years.

    Last Post By: usb777 Yesterday, 11:22 PM Go to last post
    Raven Flight

    Is the Premium version worth buying?

    Thread Starter: Raven Flight

    I'm facing the buy decision next month. With all the 3rd party stuff that's available is it worth buying the Premium version from MS or better to do...

    Last Post By: sfojimbo Yesterday, 10:55 PM Go to last post
    johnyyz

    Computer for MSFS 2020

    Thread Starter: johnyyz

    What kind of performance upgrade (FPS) will this give me on MSFS A320nero sitting at KEWR (new york city) in high settings on a 32 inch 1440p...

    Last Post By: plainsman Yesterday, 10:46 PM Go to last post
    Apollo212

    Question is the Airbus A320 Broken or not

    Thread Starter: Apollo212

    Hi Can anyone please confirm that the Airbus A320 it working as it should with no problems ,I personally am having big problems AP not working AI co...

    Last Post By: Stanley777 Yesterday, 10:14 PM Go to last post