Update kb3086255 problem

richiemo

Hi guys, I believe I read here in this forum that people were having problems loading FS9 after Microsoft sent out a particular update, update kb3086255. Apparently this was keeping FS9 from loading. I had this problem for about a month and I had to keep restoring my system to an earlier date. So I deleted this update and now my FS9 loads whenever I ask it to. BUT, today I purchased a new payware scenery (Blue Print KCLT.) I load it as I normally do, follow all the instructions, and it seems to work. But then I can't find it in the Blue Print folder within the main FS9 folder. I've even tried to load it elsewhere but it won't work. I have a note into Blue Print technical, but I'm just wondering if there's a chance that my having deleted that Microsoft file, it prevents me from loading such an add-on. I read that the file had something to do with piracy. Anybody have any thoughts.

They are not connected.

When you installed the BP scenery did you note the path where it said it would install? If not do a windows explorer search for KCLT in your drive where FS9 is installed. It may be in addon scenery or another folder.

Have you checked it is registered in the FS9 scenery library ?

Archived